💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the fall picture cards for sorting with ten types of vertebrates and ten types of invertebrates – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with photographs to create hands-on fall activities for your students. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to explore animals in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Here is what’s included
- labeled cards with vertebrate animals x 10
- labeled cards with invertebrate animals x 10
Print on card stock and laminate for longer use. After cutting cards, draw with marker or stick dot stickers to the back of each set – one color for each set. Place the label cards in a row. Explain the difference between the two types of animals. Invite the child to sort cards into two categories.
After the child completed the task, invite him or her to flip the cards and self-check. Each card has to be under the correct category based on the dot color.
Young children can be encouraged to match the animal cards when printed twice and draw the animals they like the most using their choice of art medium.
Older children might be inspired to research and create their own books about vertebrates and invertebrates that dwell in your region and are generally encountered during the fall season.
When exploring vertebrates and invertebrates with your children you might like to give some of these hands-on activities a go:
- Make a skeleton using playdough to point out the difference between the two types of animal groups.
- Gather a magnifying glass next time you go outdoors and invite the children to explore insects they find in the dry leaves and catch.
- Gather Safari TOOB figurines and invite the children to sort animals into two groups – vertebrates and invertebrates
- Explore the most common vertebrates and invertebrates found in your area – make a poster with your students.
- Discuss in a small group all the different ways children can protect animals in their natural habitat.
Please note that the Free Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image. The latest printable will be at the end of each group.
☺️Here is what others are saying ~ I want to THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for all your freebies. I stumbled upon your page today and Im SOOOOO GRATEFUL! U have No idea how much it means to me. I was able to get almost ALL of our science units through your printables and which I thought I would have to pay for. I homeschool 10 children . IM SO GRATEFUL! THANK YOU! ~ Jolene
~ Thank you so much your resources are the best,simple and helps kids understand better.
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, browse an ads-free page, type – search and download printables with one click, you are invited to join our membership – Resource Library 0.2 for a small price of $5/month or purchase lifetime access. During the period from September to May, my 9-month Activity Planner along with accompanying printables is available to the members on monthly basis as well.
YOu MIght Also like to Give These Learning Resources a Go in Your Classroom
Classification work with invertebrates from the six main groups.
Classification activity with invertebrates from the six main classes.
The printable features real photographic images of animals for sorting.
The printable contains:
- classification poster for self-check
- 3 working mat with 2 groups on each and 8 animals that represent them
- matching pictures and label cards (for matching and reading activity matching the picture to the picture and the word to the word). Use picture cards for sorting.
- 6 label cards for sorting
- information cards for 6 classes of invertebrates: Porifera, Cnidaria, Mollusca, Arthropoda, Echinodermata, and Annelida
This printable is a part of the Nature Curriculum in Cards Series.
The printable is suitable for children aged 3-7
Classification work with vertebrates from the five classes.
The printable features photographic cards for sorting and a black and white clipart for “cut, color, and sort” activity.
Classification activity with vertebrates from the five classes.
The printable features real photographic images of animals for sorting and a black & white clipart for the “cut, color and sort” activity.
The printable contains:
- 40 animal cards for sorting ( 8 for each class)
- 5 label cards
- 5 information cards
- student worksheet – classification poster (color and black & white) for self-check
- workmat for sorting
Purchase these printables here or find them on Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant