💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the tomato plant pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images and photographs to create hands-on botany activities for your students. Children will learn stages of the tomato plant life cycle, and parts of the tomato plant, practice sequencing skills and work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to do gardening with your students in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Getting children to grow their food even if it’s just in a plant pot is one of the best ways to get them excited about nourishing their developing bodies with nutritious vegetables. If planting tomatoes with your students is on your to-do list this May, I invite you to download this new freebie with tomato life cycle and parts of a tomato plant posters. Children will work on their sequencing skills, and practice tracing and coloring activities that prepare little hands for writing and help to improve fine motor.
When exploring gardening with your children you might like to give some of these hands-on activities a go:
- Watch a video about gardening and plant life cycles. Sew plant life cycle.
- Prepare a vegetable salad with ingredients of children’s choice.
- Explore the food pyramid and gather examples of everyday foods and treats for children to sort.
- Invite the students to cut up a tomato, and gather magnifying glass, paper, and pencils for children to explore the seeds and record their observations.
- Make pizza from scratch.
This resource contains a tomato plant life cycle poster, worksheet, 3-part cards, and parts of tomato plant printables.
HERE IS WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- Tomato plant life cycle poster
- Tomato plant life cycle 3 part cards
- Tomato plant life cycle coloring, cutting, and pasting worksheet
- Tomato plant life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a tomato plant poster
- Parts of a tomato plant poster minus labels
- Parts of a tomato plant labels
- Parts of a tomato plant tracing
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
How to Use:
Parts of a tomato plant – Gather books on the plant life cycle and gardening for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards.
Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards. Velco will come especially handy if you decide to take your work outdoors. Having an additional challenge for little fingers is always welcomed when working with young children!
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the tomato plant.
Life cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the tomato plant life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
Tomato plant life cycle 3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word.
Tomato plant life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Tomato plant tracing and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and slide them into plastic pockets.
❗️The Free Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image. The latest printable will be at the end of each group.
Here is what others are saying..
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, I invite you to join the membership – Resource Library 2.0 for a small price of $6/month or purchase lifetime access.
Perks you get when you join Resource Library 2.0 Membership:
- 20% automatic store discount
- Weekly prefilled planner (September – May)
- Weekly bonus printables (September – May)
- Browse ads-free page
- Quick search
- One-click downloads
- Free Homeschool eCourse
- Cursive printables
Other resources to help you explore gardening with your students
Leaf Shapes – 3-part card activity and handwriting sheets. The printable features photographs and clipart.
There are two printables included with this resource. You can choose which is more suitable in your classroom:
1) Leaf shapes 3-part cards, definition cards, and student booklet with a black and white line for coloring and independent handwriting practice.
This printable features clipart images and photographs of 14 leaf shapes.
2) Leaf shapes learning mats:
2 work mats with 7 types of leaf shapes each (first mat: reniform, spatulate, obcordate, sagittate, hastate, cordate, aciculate; second mat: orbiculate, linear, deltoid, ovate, lanceolate, elliptical, obovate ).
2 work mats with description cards.
14 picture and 14 label cards.
student printouts with black and white photographs, print, cursive tracing fonts and blank for coloring and practicing handwriting.
The printable is suitable for children aged 3-7
Purchase this resource here or find it on Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Raccoon life cycle and parts of a raccoon
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Corn Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Corn Plant
- Types Of Apples
- Turkey Life Cycle And Parts Of A Turkey
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Characteristics Of The Red Squirrel
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant