💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
In our Montessori classroom, the children learn about our world, space, planets, continents, land and water forms, etc. Here are a few activities we offer to spark children’s curiosity.
Compass activity. After demonstrating a three-part lesson on parts of the world -North, South, East, and West, we engage the children in fun activity incorporating their knowledge of parts of the world and maths by giving them directions, for example: “make 3 steps North, 2 steps West, 1 South, then 4 East”. You can download free printable here.
The child traces and then paints all seven continents using The World Map Puzzle.
(photo credit: Janette Dunne)
Continents coloring activity. You can find free Continents color in printable here.
Continents 3-Part Cards. Join and download free 3 – part Continent Cards here.
Montessori World Map with Flags. This activity can be too challenging for children on its own. We usually provide Flag Book to facilitate them to search for a country and find it on the map.
Water Air Land Activity. You can find free Land Water Air Printables here
Four Seasons of the Year Cards. This activity was put together by our teachers, however, you can find a free printable resource in our Subscriber Library. Join here.
Minerals and Rocks Matching activity. You can find a great resource here.
When talking about Hawaii, we learned about volcanoes. This time, we made this volcano replica together with the children using homemade clay, paints, and other craft materials. I hope you were inspired! Visit Montessori Nature resources:North America ResourceSouth America ResourceWorld Continents and Continents In Pictures A note of gratitude to the wonderful teachers of Indooroopilly Montessori Children’s House, for their gorgeous room setups, and their endless love and dedication to working with children
Hands-on Geography Activities You Might Enjoy
- Australia Salt-Dough Map – Hands-On Geography
- Geography Printables and Hands-on Activities
- Continent printables and Hands-on Activities
- Flags Of Africa – Geography Activity For Kindergarten Children
- DIY Africa Map And Pin Flags – Hands-On Geography Activity
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters – Free Printable
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards – Free Printable
- Learning About Rocks And Minerals
- Choosing The Right Calendar For Your Classroom
- Authentic Handmade Materials For Your Dream Montessori Classroom
- Rain Cloud In A Jar Science Experiment Plus Types Of Clouds Printable
- International Kid Chef – Culinary Montessori Activity With Dough
- Learning About Land And Water Formations – Montessori Outdoor Explorations
- Children Of The World Multicultural Activities For Children
- Australia Themed Free Printables
- Montessori Focus: Land, Water, Air Activity
- Australian Aboriginal Dot Painting For Children And Art Resources
- Asia – Free Printables Resources For The Montessori Classroom
- South America – Free Educational Printables. Resources For The Montessori Classroom
- Teaching About Europe In The Montessori Classroom
- Teaching Geography In The Montessori Classroom
- Supporting Cultural Diversity In The Montessori Classroom