💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
It’s coming closer to this magical time of the year – Christmas time – time to create winter magic with DIY snowflake craft! Remember cutting these when you were a kid!? I sure do! It had a great “wow” factor when you opened your snowflake to see what it turned out to be.
This post will help you to prepare your classroom and home for the Christmas celebration. These snowflake crafts and patterns with free printables will make easy, fun projects for children.
SNOWFLAKE CRAFTS FOR KIDS
How Snowflakes Form: Homeschool Lesson Plan
Like it or not, it’s the beginning of winter. Some of us have snow and others don’t. Snowflakes are one of the tiniest miracles and a perfect opportunity to introduce science into your lesson plan. Everyone knows that each snowflake is different, but do you know how they are made? Here are some ideas for your homeschool lesson plan.
‘Frozen’ Snowflake Necklace
We have recently made Frozen Silly Putty and Frozen Snow Paint and I can’t seem to stop! My little boy loves it too! Anyway, I saw some fantastic ‘glue gun snow flake ornaments’ on ‘By Stephanie Lynn’ & knew this would make a wonderful ‘Frozen’ craft that my daughter would go crazy for!
Puzzle Piece Snowflake Ornament - Mama.Papa.Bubba.
Today, Gracen’s advent calendar pouch included a handful of jigsaw puzzle pieces (from Urban Source) and a handwritten note telling her that they could be used to make a snowflake ornament (I originally found the idea here). She of course was ready to begin the project the very instant she opened it.
Dough Snowflake Glitter Ornaments (Christmas Craft For Kids)
This is always a favorite Christmas craft we do at my elementary school! The kids get to make their own dough snowflake ornaments to give to their parents or siblings! Note that after the kids make the dough and shape, you will need to bring it home to bake them.
Frosted Snowflake Craft For Kids
We love snow and snow crafts like this frost effect snowflake are such a lovely extension to outside snow play.
Symmetrical Snowflake Winter Craft for Kids
Here’s one of our favorite winter crafts for kids- creating symmetrical snowflakes! Children will make various snowflakes using common craft materials like cotton swabs and white paper. This snowflake craft would be a great addition to any math lessons on symmetry, patterns, and would be a fun addition to a unit on snowflakes or winter!
Suncatcher snowflake craft for kids
This cute suncatcher snowflake craft was done by my daughter at school. I found it really beautiful and wanted to share it with you. She was really proud she made it all by herself!
Snow Gak Sensory Play
While the kids were playing with the snow gak we made, they asked to make snowmen and I scrambled to find some items for them to use in their Snow Gak Sensory Play. If you think these snowmen are cute, you may also get a kick out of the kids making snowmen with hair curlers.
Parchment paper, white craft glue, 15 to 30 pieces of wagon-wheel pasta (mixture of large and small) per ornament, white acrylic paint, paintbrush (with bristles), glitter, adhesive-backed rhinestones, string or ribbon
With all of this snow outside, we have been making our own inside. I'm sure most of you have made borax crystal strings or snowflakes before - but if you have not, it is a fun project for this time of year.
Winter Snowflake Homemade Slime Recipe For Kids
A snowfall right in your slime! Who doesn’t love a good slime, and now homemade slime is so easy to make with the right slime recipe. This time we chose a cold weather theme for our winter snowflake slime! Beautiful, sparkly and perfect for the first snowfall! Making slime with kids is awesome science and sensory play for winter!
Puffy Paint Window Decorations
I’m sure you are in the holiday spirit by now, right? Is your house decorated for holidays? Here is a quick craft idea for some festive snowflake and ornament window decorations to add another crafty layer to your holiday decor.
PAPER SNOWFLAKE PATTERNS WITH FREE PRINTABLES
Joined Heart #013
This is a new joined heart with snowflakes. You find instructions on the pattern sheets. Either print out the pattern on coloured paper and cut by hand or prepare the cut files for your paper cut machine.
Paper Snowflake Templates | Free Printable Templates & Coloring Pages
We have twelve free printable snowflake templates to fold and cut into beautiful paper snowflakes. Instructions with step-by-step photos are also included for easy crafting.
Free Printable Snowflake Pattern and Template Collection
Create an original winter atmosphere in your home by simply making paper snowflakes, and enjoy the view of beautiful snowflakes.
Busy Bag Idea: Felt Snowflakes
It’s a simple idea to put together, only requires a small amount of felt, and the snowflake building possibilities are almost endless.
Cold? Snowflakes Free SVG download!
Cut fabric, iron on fabric gifts/clothes
Cut little ones as embellishments
Cut them out of vinyl and decorate a wall, frame or wooden tray
Snowflake Cut Outs
Get Ready. Get Set. SNOW! Create your own one-of-a-kind snowflakes and simply tie them onto a ribbon to make it a White Christmas regardless of where you live!
Paper Snowflake Patterns | Worksheet | Education.com
Create gorgeous winter snowflakes with this assortment of patterns! Some of these are kid-friendly, and can even be modified by putting your own spin on them. Try these patterns with coffee filters for an easier cutting experience.
Printable Disney FROZEN Coloring and Activity Sheets!
Since we know you all loved those other printable coloring pages, Disney has offered another FREE set of Frozen printable activity sheets! This set includes how to make a snowflake, a “spot the difference” game and 3 new coloring sheets!
How to cut paper snowflakes, paper snow flake how to, make your own snowflakes for Christmas
If you've seen the Christmas movie ELF then you've seen them, everywhere. Paper snowflakes, possibly the world's most affordable Christmas decorations. With a ream of paper, some scissors, and a little Christmas origami you too can fill your home with wonderful paper snowflakes of all shapes and sizes.
I hope you were inspired!
The Story of Snow: The Science of Winter’s Wonder by Jon Nelson
How do snow crystals form? What shapes can they take? Are no two snow crystals alike? These questions and more are answered inside this exploration of the science of snow, featuring photos of real snow crystals in all their beautiful diversity.
Curious About Snow (Smithsonian) by Gina Shaw
When does it snow? Why is snow white? How do we know no two snowflakes are alike? With full-color photographs and the Smithsonian’s famous Wilson Bentley snowflake photos, this new Curious About title looks at the science behind snow, and the history of record-setting blizzards and snowstorms—plus how people have fun in the snow!
Winter Christmas Hanging Snowflake Decorations
They are a classy festive look with vague pearled shines, showing a fantastic 3D snowflake when you open and fold the sheets. Dorable decoration for any special occasion besides Christmas, New Year party
Waltz of the Snowflakes by Elly MacKay
A new holiday classic to add to your collection, this gorgeous wordless picture book by esteemed author-illustrator Elly MacKay celebrates the magic of theater and The Nutcracker as seen through the eyes of a young girl and her grandmother.
Winter Snowflake – 70 Piece, Construction Building Stem Toy
One shape, endless possibility! Every brick easily connects to the next. Create colorful flat mosaics or work in 3-D to make more intricate builds.
Snowflake Scratch Art Decorations
The magic color scratch wand will unleash the true colors of the rainbow within these decorations! This cool natural effect is known for the vibrant shades it creates below!
Creativity for Kids Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
Create 6 unique snowflake ornaments! Decorate your tree, use it to adorn bags, or give your custom beaded ornaments as gifts throughout the holiday season.
You Might Enjoy
Winter Vocabulary – 3 Part Cards (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Winter Pack for Toddlers and Young Preschoolers (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Learning to Count 0-10 Math Cards English & Spanish Winter Theme (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Winter Pack – Montessori Inspired Hands-on Activities (Teachers Pay Teachers)
The Arctic and Antarctica Preschool Pack (Teachers Pay Teachers)
MORE Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
1 thought on “Snowflake Crafts for Kids And Free Printable Cut Outs”
Comments are closed.