💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the Snake Pack with learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images and photographs to create hands-on reptile-themed activities for your students or for exploring desert animals in your classroom.
Children will learn stages of the snake life cycle, and parts of a snake, practice sequencing skills and work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills.
This resource contains a snake life cycle poster, worksheet, 3-part cards, and parts of a snake printable.
Here is what’s included:
- Snake life cycle poster
- Snake life cycle 3 part cards
- Snake life cycle coloring, cutting, and pasting worksheet
- Snake life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a snake poster
- Parts of a snake poster minus labels
- Parts of a snake labels
- Parts of a snake tracing & independent writing
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
How to use this resource:
Parts of a snake – Gather books about snakes for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards. Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards.
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part and make their own research. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the snake’s body.
Life cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the snake’s life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
Snake life cycle 3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word. Present control cards and invite the child to lay stages of the cycle in the correct order.
Snake life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Snake tracing/labeling and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and invite the child to trace or label parts of a snake and snake life cycle.
You might like to invite the students to compare the life cycle of the snake with other reptiles.
If you prefer to save time, browse an ads-free page, type – search and download printables with one click, you are invited to join our membership – Resource Library 0.2 for a small price of $5/month or purchase lifetime access. During the period from September to May, my 9-month Activity Planner along with accompanying printables will be available to the members on monthly basis as well.
Desert Vocabulary 3 Part Cards and Tracing Strips – Editable
Three-part cards are an excellent tool to help interactively learn new vocabulary and spelling. Classified cards can be used to enrich the child’s vocabulary, to develop reading, writing, and classification skills while broadening the child’s knowledge of the world. Create bilingual/multilingual cards for the students in your minority language with ease.
There are many various ways you can use this resource in your classroom:
3 part cards
in combination with the moveable alphabet
There are two files included:
1) PDF file in English with
– 40 picture + label cards
– 40 picture cards
– 40 label cards
– 8 pages for tracing
2) Editable PowerPoint file. You can edit text and translate it into any language. Create your bilingual/multilingual cards, change font style and size, etc.
Please ensure you have PowerPoint installed on your device. Alternatively, upload the file to Google Slides, translate, and customize it to use in your own language, save, download, and print.
label and picture card: 12×9.3cm or 4.7″x3.6″
picture card: 8.9×9.3 cm or 3.5″x3.6″
label card: 2.9×9.5 cm or 1.1″x3.6″
Vocabulary featured in the set: Desert, yucca, saguaro cactus, barrel cactus, vulture, tarantula, scorpion, roadrunner, ringtail cat, rattle snake, prairie dog, mule deer buck, mountain lion, longnose snake, kangaroo rat, peccary, jack rabbit, Gila monster, desert tortoise, quail, sun, sand, camel, sandstorm, sand dunes, solar energy, nomad, ostrich, turban, tent, caravan, oasis, red kangaroo, Sahara Desert, Gobi Desert, Arabian Desert, tumbleweed, arid, meerkat, Atacama Desert.
Purchase this printable here or find it on Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards – Free Fall Printables
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant