The printable features photographic images.
The Grassland Biome Printable includes:
Information cards: The Grasslands, The Temperate Grasslands, The Tropical Grasslands
3-part cards: 6 Animals of the Temperate Grasslands, 6 Plants of Temperate Grasslands, 6 Regions of the Temperate Grasslands, 6 Animals of the Tropical Grasslands, 6 Plants of Tropical Grasslands, 6 Regions of the Tropical Grasslands
Reading practice: Characteristics of the Temperate and Tropical Grasslands, Animal and Plant Adaptations (6 for each type of the grassland)
- Sorting Activity: Omnivores, Herbivores, and Carnivores Animals of the Savanna (7 animals for each category, self-check letter size card, label cards, and definition cards)
- The Grassland Biome Research student worksheets
- Animal and Plant research worksheets
- 48 pages
The Nature Curriculum in Cards series of printables is designed to minimize the cost, the use of materials and resources such as paper and laminating sheets. You do not have to cut out individual control cards and definition cards.
Use the pages with control cards and description cards as work mats. This allows teachers and parents to save time and effort when preparing hands-on learning activities for your students.
Each printable may contain:
– a work mat with control cards
– a work mat with description cards
– a set of picture and label cards (matching photograph or clip art cards)
– student printouts for practicing handwriting with the black and white version of the same photographs or with clip art for coloring. You get an option of choosing printouts with print, cursive tracing fonts or blank;
Pre-K and K students can be invited to work with a set for matching and sorting.
Primary students can use work mat with control cards as the self-assessment sheet. Beginner readers can use it to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word.
Lower Elementary Students can use work mat with definition cards. Invite the student to read a definition and find matching picture and label cards. Invite them to use the first work mat with control cards for self-assessment.
Laminate and store all learning activity mats in one binder. Store the picture cards, label cards and student printouts in a clear pocket following each work mat activity.
Alternatively, you may choose to cut out control and description cards and store 3-part cards in a traditional Montessori way.
- The printable is suitable for children aged 3-8.