💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the polar bear pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images and photographs to create hands-on science activities for your students. Children will learn stages of the polar bear life cycle, parts of a polar bear, practice sequencing skills, work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy when exploring winter animals and when learning about the Arctic.
I am so excited to show these printables to my preschool children as we are going to dive into the North Pole unit. There is something so tender about polar bear mothers and their little cubs.
This resource contains a ‘Polar Bear life cycle’ poster, worksheet, 3 part cards, and Parts of a Polar Bear printables.
I absolutely loved this clipart I sourced to create this printable. The artist did an amazing job depicting the fascinating stages of a polar bear’s life. I hope your little ones have a great time learning about those mighty creatures.
Here is what’s included
- Polar Bear life cycle poster
- Polar Bear life cycle 3 part cards
- Polar Bear life cycle coloring, cutting and pasting worksheet
- Polar Bear life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a Polar Bear poster
- Parts of a Polar Bear poster minus labels
- Parts of a Polar Bear labels
- Parts of a Polar Bear tracing
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
Subjects and uses in the classroom: The Arctic Study, Nature Table, Science Centers, Fine motor, Prewriting.
How to Use:
Parts of a Polar Bear – Gather books on polar bears for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards.
Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards. Velco will come especially handy if you decide to take your work outdoors. Having an additional challenge for little fingers is always welcomed when working with young children!
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the polar bear’s body.
Life Cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word.
Life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Tracing and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and slide them into plastic pockets.
If you would like to save time and download printables with one click, browse an ads-free page, and type – search for printables you need, you have an option to join our membership – Resource Library 0.2 for a small price of $5/month.
You might also enjoy The Arctic and Antarctica Preschool Pack
The Arctic and Antarctica learning activity pack for preschool children aged 3-6. The Poles-themed activity pack contains printables to create a wide range of hands-on experiences for young children.
Students will practice phonics, get an introduction to place value, odd & even numbers, work on strengthening their hand muscles with playdough, cutting, and push pinning exercises, work on developing logical thinking with sorting and matching activities, learn about the types of Arctic and Antarctic animals, penguin life cycle, broaden their vocabulary, and so much more.
The printable features true to life images and photographs.
Here is what’s included:
- Instructions and activity variations
- Phonics – initial sound cards (pairing letters and pictures)
- Odd and even numbers – cards and student cut and paste worksheet
- Making snowflakes – drawing and pattern activity on creativity
- Aurora – push pinning cards and art project
- Shades of gray color matching cards
- Decimal system – 3 part cards, matching cards and student booklet
- Drawing and Storytelling worksheets
- Animals of the Arctic and Animals of Antarctica – 3 part cards (10 animals for each Pole)
- The Arctic vs. Antarctic animals sorting cards
- Outline of Antarctica for push pinning
- Cutting strips
- Mammal vs. Bird – sorting cards
- Penguin Playdough mats
- Penguin life cycle playdough mats
- Penguin life cycle 3 part cards and student booklet
- Place value numbers pairing cards
- Gross motor dice task cards
- Food chain craft printouts
- Sight words – 10 cards
- Winter geoboard task cards (9 cards) – are also available for free from the Subscriber Library.
Here are great Children’s Books About the Arctic Animals
YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK MY OTHER RESOURCES
- Winter Vocabulary – 3 Part Cards (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Winter Pack for Toddlers and Young Preschoolers (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Learning to Count 0-10 Math Cards English & Spanish Winter Theme (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Winter Pack – Montessori Inspired Hands-on Activities (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant