💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Having a plan at hand, especially during uncertain times, can only benefit busy and overwhelmed parents. Sometimes parents can be going through a period of transitioning when they work on establishing new homeschooling routine.
There could be some weeks when all the responsibilities feel like they are too much to handle, Hence it might become harder to come up with easy-to-implement activities to stay on top of the child’s learning.
I thought of something that I hope could ease the load and designed a one-week planner with activities that can be implemented with children aged 2 to 5.
I outlined preschool activities for each day of the week. I thought of hands-on explorations that are easy to set up and organize.
These activities require minimum preparation effort and generally can be done with items many households already have easily accessible, like LEGO, books, baking soda, food coloring and vinegar.
You can download this planner from the subscriber library. To access it, you need to join our community and confirm your subscription. Here is the form for your convenience.
I know what you might be thinking, “I will do those activities for one week and then what?”
Well, I also organized and linked Pinterest boards that contain Montessori inspired, fun, educational and practical ideas for all the subjects.
Plus I included a blank PowerPoint editable weekly planner to keep you going.
This way you can draw your inspiration from there, besides, it is probably unrealistic to expect to complete all activities in the planner in one day. You can stretch and swap them as you please ticking boxes as you go.
The following subjects are included in this one week planner: Grace and courtesy, Gross motor, Fine motor, Language, Math, Science and Practical life.
If you get stuck, you can click on the subject link in the planner and look up ideas for all the amazing and educational explorations you can easily set up for the children.
At this age, children will enjoy the freedom of exploring in the most relaxed setting and playful atmosphere. It is important to engage their senses using items they are already familiar with and allow them to follow their interests.
This planner is a rough guide. Do not feel pressured to complete all activities for the day. Each activity does not need to be longer than 15-20 minutes.
Aim for short and sweet. It is about the experience. Children may decide to work longer on one activity and completely ditch the other. It is about following the child.
Use the PowerPoint option to design your own program. You can add or remove table columns and rows as it suits you.
Preschool years should be all about learning to take care of self, the environment and other people in it, learning to be independent, develop the ability to concentrate. It is about following the child and allow the freedom to explore on their terms.
You might enjoy
HOMESCHOOL RESOURCES, TIPS, AND IDEAS
- New To Montessori Homeschooling?
- Homeschool Room Setup Ideas
- Routine For Our Montessori Home Preschool
- Homeschooling – The Reality Of It All Amid A Pandemic. Free Resources For Parents
- Nature Display In Homeschool Setting
- Homeschooling Preschooler The Montessori Way
- Tips For Successful Montessori Homeschool 3 – Hour Work Cycle
- Outdoor And Nature-Based Learning Activities For Children
- Some Of The Best Montessori Resources And Materials For Teachers And Parents
- Outdoor Activities For Children With Free Seven-Day Planner
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Choosing The Right Calendar For Your Classroom
- Authentic Handmade Materials For Your Dream Montessori Classroom
- One Day In The Life Of A Homeschooling Family
- Editable Homeschool Planner
- How To Do Montessori At Home On A Budget
- How To Help Young Children Regulate Their Emotions
- Let The Child Lead!
- Montessori Peace Corner – Powerful Way To Resolve Conflicts
- Enhancing Learning With Movement – Brain Gym For Kids
- Learning To Read With Montessori Cards
- Meeting Special Needs In A Montessori Classroom
- 5 Reasons To Own Montessori Materials At Home
- 5 Montessori Inspired Ways To Support Early Literacy
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant