💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the pine tree pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images to create hands-on science activities for your students. Children will learn stages of the unique pine tree life cycle, practice sequencing skills, work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy when exploring the winter biology unit, types of woodland, and forest trees when learning about plants.
There are so many uses of the Pine tree life cycle printables in a preschool or kindergarten classroom. These are a great addition to preschool Winter and Christmas units. Create trays for your Montessori shelf to explore the life cycle of conifer trees along with the tundra biome or botany unit – life cycle of a tree.
The pine tree life cycle is quite fascinating. Here is its story.
Pine Cones. Male pine cones create and release pollen. They generally grow on the lower parts of the tree. Pollen is spread by the wind onto female cones that generally grow on the upper part of the tree. Pollination occurs and female cones begin to grow seeds inside of them. It can take up to 3 years for female cones to mature.
Seeds. Seeds mature and drop on the ground. Seedlings. In the grounds, seeds germinate and start pushing roots down into the group and little seedling appears above the ground. Sapling then becomes a young tree. An adult tree can grow up to 150 feet (46 meters) and live for up to 100 years.
You may like to create a story of a pine tree and tell it to a whole class or in a small group using this printable as a prompt.
Students then can be encouraged to retell the story in their own words and complete the cutting/coloring and pasting activity in the correct sequence.
Use tracing strip cards for tracing, coloring, and learning new vocabulary.
Here is what’s included in the Pine Tree Life Cycle Printable:
- Pine tree life cycle poster
- Pine tree life cycle cutting and pasting printout
- Pine tree life cycle 3 part cards
- Pine tree life cycle tracing strips.
YOu Might Also Enjoy
- Parts of the Plant ( Teachers Pay Teachers )
- Tundra Biome – Characteristics, Animal and Plant Adaptations (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Plant Life Cycle (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Types of Trees – Safari Toob 3 Part Cards – Editable (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle – Free Printables
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle Free Printables
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears Free Printables
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo Free Printables
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets – Free Math Printables
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer – Free Printable
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity – Free Math Printable
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline – Free Fall Printable
- Pumpkin Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline – Free Fall Printable
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers – Free Math Printable
- Addition Clip Cards – Free Math Printable
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10 – Free Math Printable
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters – Free Printable
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters – Free Printable
- Horse Life Cycle And Horse Anatomy Flipbook Free Printable
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle Free Printable
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets – Free Math Printable
- Hummingbird Learning Activities – Free Printable
- Ladybug Learning Activities – Free Printable
- Turtle Learning Activities – Free Printable
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards – Free Printable
- Nature Journal – Free Printable
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards – Free Printable
- Geoboard Task Cards – Free Printable
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials