💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the pine tree pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images to create hands-on science activities for your students. Children will learn stages of the unique pine tree life cycle, practice sequencing skills, work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills and learn parts of a pine tree. This resource will come in handy when exploring the winter biology unit, tundra and taige biomes, and forest habitat.
There are so many uses of the Pine tree life cycle printables in a preschool or kindergarten classroom. These are a great addition to preschool Winter and Christmas units. Create trays for your Montessori shelf to explore the life cycle of conifer trees along with the tundra biome or botany unit – life cycle of a tree.
The pine tree life cycle is quite fascinating. Here is its story.
Pine Cones. Male pine cones create and release pollen. They generally grow on the lower parts of the tree. Pollen is spread by the wind onto female cones that generally grow on the upper part of the tree. Pollination occurs and female cones begin to grow seeds inside of them. It can take up to 3 years for female cones to mature.
Seeds. Seeds mature and drop on the ground. Seedlings. In the grounds, seeds germinate and start pushing roots down into the group and little seedling appears above the ground. Sapling then becomes a young tree. An adult tree can grow up to 150 feet (46 meters) and live for up to 100 years.
You may like to create a story of a pine tree and tell it to a whole class or in a small group using this printable as a prompt.
Students then can be encouraged to retell the story in their own words and complete the cutting/coloring and pasting activity in the correct sequence.
Use tracing strip cards for tracing, coloring, and learning new vocabulary.
Here is what’s included:
- Pine tree life cycle cutting and pasting printout
- Pine tree life cycle 3 part cards
- Pine tree life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a Pine Tree poster
- Parts of a Pine Tree poster minus labels
- Parts of a Pine Tree labels
- Parts of a Pine Tree tracing & independent writing
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
How to use this resource:
Parts of a Pine Tree – Gather books about coniferous trees for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards. Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards.
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part and make their own research. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the pine tree.
Life cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the pine tree life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
Pine tree life cycle 3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word. Present control cards and invite the child to lay the stages of the cycle in the correct order.
Pine tree life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Pine tree tracing/labeling and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and invite the child to trace or label parts of pine tree life cycle.
You might like to invite the students to compare the life cycle of a pine tree with other plants.
❗️The Free Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image. The latest printable will be at the end of each group.
Here is what others are saying..
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, I invite you to join the membership – Resource Library 2.0 for a small price of $6/month or purchase lifetime access.
Perks you get when you join Resource Library 2.0 Membership:
- 20% automatic store discount
- Weekly prefilled planner (September – May)
- Weekly bonus printables (September – May)
- Browse ads-free page
- Quick search
- One-click downloads
- Free Homeschool eCourse
- Cursive printables
resources you might find helpful in your classroom
The Tundra Biome is a learning set containing 3-part cards, description cards, information posters, student booklets for coloring and practicing handwriting, and research worksheets for students to learn about the tundra biome. Students will learn about the main characteristics of this ecosystem, animal, plant, and human adaptations.
Here is what’s included:
- The printable features photographic images and a clipart (as a part of student worksheets and posters).
- Information cards on The Tundra, The Arctic Tundra, The Alpine Tundra, Characteristics of the Alpine and Arctic Tundras, Plants and Animals of the Arctic Tundra, Adaptations of the Inuit People (Dwellings, Tools and Transportation, Food Habits, Clothing)
- 3-part cards on Animals of the Arctic Tundra, Plants of the Arctic Tundra, Regions of the Arctic Tundra and Regions of the Alpine Tundra.
- Description cards on Animal Adaptations and Plant Adaptations
- Posters with Animals and Plants of the Arctic Tundra (feature clipart)
- The Tundra Biome Research student worksheets
- Student booklets on plants and animals of the Arctic Tundra for coloring, practicing independent handwriting and tracing (cursive and print)
- Animal and Plant research worksheets.
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Raccoon life cycle and parts of a raccoon
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Corn Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Corn Plant
- Types Of Apples
- Turkey Life Cycle And Parts Of A Turkey
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Characteristics Of The Red Squirrel
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant