💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the manatee pack – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with clear true-to-life images and photographs to create hands-on science activities for your students.
Children will learn stages of the manatee life cycle and parts of a manatee, practice sequencing skills, and work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to refresh your shelf work with animals of the continents activities, learning about different types of aquatic animals and vertebrates in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Are you planning to explore aquatic animals with your students? This new freebie features amazing creatures – manatees. One cool fact! Manatee is a member of the sirenius family. It shares a common ancestor with the elephant. It means that these fascinating creatures are more closely related to the elephant than they are to other marine animals. Manatees inhabit tropical and subtropical waters of North America, South America, and Africa.
This resource contains a manatee life cycle poster, worksheet, 3-part cards, and parts of manatee printables.
Here is what’s included:
- Manatee life cycle poster
- Manatee life cycle 3 part cards
- Manatee life cycle coloring, cutting, and pasting worksheet
- Manatee life cycle tracing strips
- Parts of a Manatee poster
- Parts of a Manatee poster minus labels
- Parts of a Manatee labels
- Parts of a Manatee tracing
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
How to Use:
Parts of a manatee– Gather books on manatees for children to explore. Print posters and label cards on cardstock and laminate. Cut individual label cards.
Attach clear velcro to the poster without labels and label cards. Velco will come especially handy if you decide to take your work outdoors. Having an additional challenge for little fingers is always welcomed when working with young children!
Present the poster – name all parts and invite the students to share their thoughts on the various functions of each part. Then read each label and invite the student to match it to the corresponding part of the manatee’s body.
Life cycle poster – print on cardstock and laminate. Present all stages of the manatee life cycle. Invite the children to retell them or tell their own story that features all the stages.
Manatee life cycle 3- part cards – Print on cardstock and laminate if you wish to preserve colors and card quality for future use. Place picture cards in a column and invite the children to match the picture to the picture and the word to the word.
Manatee life cycle line art – supply scissors, glue, and coloring pencils. Invite the student to color and cut cards and glue them into the correct sequence.
Manatee tracing and coloring worksheets – print on cardstock and laminate. Supply an erasable pen. Invite the child to trace the words and color corresponding images. Alternatively, print pages on regular printing paper and slide them into plastic pockets.
Please note that the Free Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image. The latest printable will be at the end of each group.
☺️Here is what others are saying ~ I want to THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for all your freebies. I stumbled upon your page today and Im SOOOOO GRATEFUL! U have No idea how much it means to me. I was able to get almost ALL of our science units through your printables and which I thought I would have to pay for. I homeschool 10 children . IM SO GRATEFUL! THANK YOU! ~ Jolene
Thank you so much your resources are the best,simple and helps kids understand better.
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, browse an ads-free page, type – search and download printables with one click, you are invited to join our membership – Resource Library 0.2 for a small price of $5/month or purchase lifetime access. During the period from September to May, my 9-month Activity Planner along with accompanying printables is available to the members on monthly basis as well.
South America Continent Bundle AND OTHER RESOURCES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
This unit study of South America contains hands-on resources to teach students about unique aspects of the continent while developing their concentration, logical thinking, comprehension skills, reading and so much more.
All resources are designed to adapt to each individual student and fit your classroom needs. Students will learn about different cultural, and geographical aspects of the African continent, and the diversity of wildlife.
This list of resources is a great addition to your continent boxes and art/cultural display area. Preschool South America-themed activities are designed to develop fine motor and other important skills for young learners.
Here is what’s included:
- South America Preschool Hands-on Activities
- Natural Landmarks and Artificial Landmarks in South America | Sorting
- South America Continent Cards and Country Research B&W Booklet
- Flags of South America – 3 Part Cards and Blackline Masters
- South America Maps, Blackline Masters, Pin Flags
- Rain Forest Animals (South America) – Safari Toob 3 Part Cards – Editable
- 45 Animals Of South America – Nomenclature And Information Cards
- South America Pack
- Sloth Life Cycle and Parts of a Sloth 3 Part Cards Blackline Masters
- Poison Dart Frogs – Safari Toob 3 Part Cards – Editable
This pack is suitable for K – Grade 1 students
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant