💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Have fun and create cheerful memories this December with our Christmas Advent Calendar. Enjoy baking, crafting, singing, dancing, and making the most out of the Christmas season – this jolly and most wonderful time of the year.
This year I decided to put together an advent for our family as our children are old enough to engage in the process. And I hope that my sanity won’t be under a huge strain with flour and glitter flying all around across the kitchen.
I am going to share with you my list of hands-on and fun activities I included to count down to Christmas day. Please be warned, it has not been tested out yet – I will revisit and update the post next year based on this year’s experience. This is going to be our rough guide.
When I was creating this list I was thinking of activities and advent celebrations that are fun, meaningful, that foster connection, that are practical, and nurture the spirit of Christmas.
Here is my Christmas Advent Calendar activity list.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
2. Take family Christmas photos using fun props. Here are our printables you can use to create all sorts of fun props. All you need is sticky tape and kebab skewers.
3. Make Christmas cards for family and friends. Once finished, children head to the post office to post them via snail mail.
4. Make a wreath using natural loose parts.
5. Make Christmas tree ornaments.
6. Bake cupcakes.
7. Make a Christmas candle holder.
8. Christmas window painting with finger paints.
9. Make a Christmas glass snow globe. I found this video below especially helpful.
10. Draw frozen window designs. Since we don’t have snow, we are going to spread shaving cream on a pan, add blue food coloring and decorate with plastic snowflakes. Children will be using sticks to draw their designs.
12. Make a sensory bottle.
13. Sew a snowman.
14. Carolling – sing together Christmas carols by candlelight.
15. Christmas family disco.
16. Read a Christmas book by candlelight.
17. Play Christmas charades via zoom with family overseas.
18. Read about the First Christmas.
19. Make the first Christmas diorama.
20. Bake cookies.
21. Bake cookies for neighbors.
22. Make Christmas popcorn garland.
23. Read a Christmas book by candlelight.
24. Cook hot chocolate.
25. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I love the idea of mounting the advent onto a corkboard. Hammer small nails – one for each day. Find a small Christmas ornament to hang and count days till Christmas. We twisted green, yellow and red pipe cleaners to make a small wreath to track the days.
Join and download our free Christmas Advent Calendar printables.
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant