💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Have fun and create cheerful memories this December with our Christmas Advent Calendar. Enjoy baking, crafting, singing, dancing, and making the most out of the Christmas season – this jolly and most wonderful time of the year.
This year I decided to put together an advent for our family as our children are old enough to engage in the process. And I hope that my sanity won’t be under a huge strain with flour and glitter flying all around across the kitchen.
I am going to share with you my list of hands-on and fun activities I included to count down to Christmas day. Please be warned, it has not been tested out yet – I will revisit and update the post next year based on this year’s experience. This is going to be our rough guide.
When I was creating this list I was thinking of activities and advent celebrations that are fun, meaningful, that foster connection, that are practical, and that nurture the spirit of Christmas.
Here is my Christmas Advent Calendar activity list.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
2. Take family Christmas photos using fun props. Here are our printables you can use to create all sorts of fun props. All you need is sticky tape and kebab skewers.
3. Make Christmas cards for family and friends. Once finished, children head to the post office to post them via snail mail.
4. Make a wreath using natural loose parts.
5. Make Christmas tree ornaments.
6. Bake cupcakes.
7. Make a Christmas candle holder.
8. Christmas window painting with finger paints.
9. Make a Christmas glass snow globe. I found this video below especially helpful.
10. Draw frozen window designs. Since we don’t have snow, we are going to spread shaving cream on a pan, add blue food coloring and decorate with plastic snowflakes. Children will be using sticks to draw their designs.
12. Make a sensory bottle.
13. Sew a snowman.
14. Carolling – sing together Christmas carols by candlelight.
15. Christmas family disco.
16. Read a Christmas book by candlelight.
17. Play Christmas charades via zoom with family overseas.
18. Read about the First Christmas.
19. Make the first Christmas diorama.
20. Bake cookies.
21. Bake cookies for neighbors.
22. Make Christmas popcorn garland.
23. Read a Christmas book by candlelight.
24. Cook hot chocolate.
25. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I love the idea of mounting the advent onto a corkboard. Hammer small nails – one for each day. Find a small Christmas ornament to hang and count the days till Christmas. We twisted green, yellow and red pipe cleaners to make a small wreath to track the days.
Join and download our free Christmas Advent Calendar printables.
Christmas Pack Preschool and Kindergarten Learning Folder Busy Book
Christmas-themed learning activity pack for Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten children aged 3-5. The Christmas learning folder contains printables to create a wide range of hands-on experiences for young children. Students will explore various math concepts, such as odd and even numbers, work with CVC words, practice simple subtraction and addition operations, explore the First Christmas Story, work on sequencing skills, improve their fine motor, work on storytelling, develop logical thinking, and so much more.
Pine Tree Life Cycle – Free Printables
There are so many uses of the Pine tree life cycle printables in a preschool or kindergarten classroom. These are a great addition to preschool Winter and Christmas units. Create trays for your Montessori shelf to explore the life cycle of conifer trees along with the tundra biome or botany unit – life cycle of a tree.
Nativity Cards matching Safari Ltd. Nativity SuperTOOB
The printable features watercolor images.
Images included in the printable – Nativity, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, shepherd, camel, sheep, cow, donkey, Balthazar, Melchior, Gaspar.
Reviving Mindful Tradition of Eco - Friendly Cloth Gift Wrapping
I believe in is the time we revived the tradition of wrapping gifts into the fabric that has been around from the dawn of time and is still very popular in Japan.
Kid-Made Christmas Star Ornament
Making crafts with children creates an opportunity for spending this oh, so important and special one-on-one time with them. Creating a Christmas ornament inspired by a book is even more fun and meaningful. Our Christmas kid-made ornament was inspired by “The Story of Three Wise Kings” retold and illustrated by Tomie dePaola.
60 DIY Coloring Cards
60 DIY coloring cards for adults and children.
Angels in Art - Montessori Nomenclature Cards
Montessori Inspired Angels in Art – Montessori Nomenclature Cards.
Montessori Winter Pin Punching Cards
10 Winter themed cards for pin punching
Christmas Themed Math Beads Addition Cards
Christmas Themed Math Beads Addition Cards Printable contains
20 Colour Tree Cards with addition
18 Black and white tree cards with addition
Christmas Themed Knobless Cylinder Extensions
Montessori Christmas Themed Knobless Cylinder Extension Cards(made for sets with 5.5 cm radius of the thickest knobless cylinder)Printable contains 11 variations of Christmas themed extensions
DIY Christmas Personalized Photo Cards Photo Booth Props
DIY Wishing you a Montessori Christmas and Happy Holidays cards – personalized photo printable cards. Christmas Photo Booth Props (mustaches, eyeglasses, Santa hat and beard, reindeer antlers, also tie, bow, elf hat, angel).
Christmas Fine Motor Craft
Christmas craft is always loved by kids. It is something they get to make with their own hands and present it to someone special. There is a great choice of different art and craft materials out there, but I like to offer children ones that incorporate learning important skills and help the child to develop different fine motor. I picked these two simple, yet beautiful and exciting activities to make handmade Christmas ornaments that can be a sweet present for the child to give.
Montessori Christmas Shelves
Christmas is probably one single most exciting season of the year for many. This is a great time to set up activities that will keep children engaged and create wonderful learning opportunities. Here you will find a variety of exercises. It is lots of fun to use all sorts of materials and ones that are easy to get hold of.
December Themed Christmas and Winter Holidays Activities - Busy Book and Learning Mats
A busy book is a great way to prepare learning activities for preschool children when you don’t have much time on your hands. With the help of a busy book, children will practice fine motor, counting, recognizing numbers, simple addition. Activities will also help to improve important cognitive functions, logical thinking, and concentration.
Montessori Inspired Christmas Activities With Printables
Joy and excitement are in the air in this house as we are approaching one of the most anticipated celebrations of the year for our family – Christmas. Since our children are still very young, it feels especially significant to build up our family traditions and events around this time. I have noticed that kids at this age have practically no expectations.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar's Peekaboo Christmas (The World of Eric Carle)
The Christmas Wish (A Wish Book)
Jan Brett's The Nutcracker
The Christmas Blessing: A One-of-a-Kind Nativity Story for Kids about the Love That Brings Us Together
The Family Under the Bridge: A Christmas Holiday Book for Kids
The Christmas Owl: Based on the True Story of a Little Owl Named Rockefeller
Dasher: How a Brave Little Doe Changed Christmas Forever
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
The Advent Storybook: 25 Bible Stories Showing Why Jesus Came (Bible Storybook Series)
The Night Before Christmas eBook: The Classic Edition (The New York Times Bestseller)
The Jolly Christmas Postman
Little Red Sleigh: A Heartwarming Christmas Book For Children
Miracle on 34th Street: Storybook Edition of the Heartwarming Christmas Classic for Children
Saint Nicholas: The Real Story of the Christmas Legend
The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving
The Snowman's Song: A Christmas Story - Children's Christmas Books for Ages 4-8, Witness a Christmas Miracle as the Little Snowman Embarks On An Epic Journey to Sing a Song - Winter Books for Kids
The Last Ornament: A Christian Christmas Story for Kids Ages 4-8 / What Does Christmas Mean to You?
The Promise and the Light: A Christmas Retelling
The 50 States: Explore the U.S.A. with 50 fact-filled maps!
All about Christmas: Over 100 Amazing Facts behind the Christmas Story (Photographic, educational home school, Sunday school Christian resource or gift for kids ages 7-11)
Holidays Around the World: Celebrate Christmas: With Carols, Presents, and Peace
Weird But True Christmas: 300 Festive Facts to Light Up the Holidays
MORE Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip