💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Rember the first childhood poem you composed yourself? It was a special and proud day for me. Children enjoy discovering the magic of forming meaning and expressing themselves in a form of poetry.
In our classroom, we always introduced children to the world of poetry from an early age. Poems were displayed in our Montessori classroom inspiring children to create their own. In this post, you will find a great collection of free poetry printables for kids.
Classroom Jr – a fabulous collection of poems for kids dedicated to celebrations and important events.
Chickadee Thanksgiving poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson – a gorgeous printable that will look beautiful on display. It’s a great thanksgiving poem for children to say before enjoying their meal.
We had a beautiful song we sang together before lunch in our Montessori classroom every day. Children loved this tradition:
“For the golden corn and the apples on the tree,
For the golden butter and honey for our tea;
For fruits and nuts and berries, that grow beside the way.
For birds and bees and flowers, we give thanks every day”
Download this free printable here.
RECITATION CARDS: POETRY FOR CHILDREN by Wildflower Ramblings – This collection includes free poetry for children printable includes poems by Gerard Manley Hopkins, Emily Dickinson, William Shakespeare, John Keats, William Blake, Kate Greenaway, Robert Louis Stevenson, Louis Imogen Guiney, George MacDonald, Christina Rossetti.
Poetry Memorization Cards for Kids by Teach Beside Me. Included in this printable are poems from Emily Dickinson, Christina Rosetti, Isaac Watts, Langston Hughes, Gelett Burgess, Cecil Frances Alexander.
Classical Poems for Children – a large collection of poems in alphabetical order, easy to print! There you will find poems written by a variety of poets such as Christina Rossetti, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Edward Lear.
Serving Pink Lemonade has a gorgeous collection of poem activities for a magnetic board with adorable free printables! Check them out!
Things to Share and Remember created a free very practical and beautiful set of printable rhymes, fingerplays, and songs cards for circle time.
8 Poetry Cards by Elementary Observations (free TpT download)
You Might Enjoy
- Lined Writing Highlighted Paper Handwriting Practice | Teachers Pay Teachers
- Student Helper Desk Mat | Teachers Pay Teachers
- CVC Phonics Cards and Word Building Mats Pink Series | Teachers Pay Teachers
- Name Writing Tracing Practice | Editable | Auto-fill | Teachers Pay Teachers
- Moveable Alphabet | Print | Teachers Pay Teachers
- CVC Reading, Writing Cards and Word Puzzles Print Version | Teachers Pay Teachers
- Beginning Sound Alphabet Books | Print | Teachers Pay Teachers
- Phonics Initial Sound Cards | Teachers Pay Teachers
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant