💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support. Stock Images supplied by Canva
You are invited to download the puzzles and cards with farm animal families – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with photographs to create hands-on spring, summer, and farm-themed activities for your students. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to explore the farm animals in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
I would like to thank my great readers for suggesting creating a printable that helps children to learn the correct terminology of the families in the animal kingdom. I started with farm animals. This printable is made in a form of 10 puzzles. The purpose behind it is to allow children self-correct their work as they match members of each family. This resource would be a helpful addition to your farm theme and animal printables.
This printable also includes a set with the cards instead of puzzles that can be used for sorting into the categories – females, males, and young.
Ten puzzles with animal cards featuring farm families.
Here is what’s included:
- 10 x puzzles featuring farm animal families
- 10 x card sets featuring fam animal families
Each card set contains 4 cards that present an animal, male, female, and young of the family.
Farm - Children's Books and Learning Resources
Farm Babies Safari Toob 3 Part Cards Editable
Three-part cards with 11 examples of farm babies for the object-to-image matching activity.
The printable provides a set of cards with photographs of 11 different types of farm baby animals included in the Safari Farm Babies Toob – pony foal, donkey foal, horse foal, kit, kid, kitten, puppy, chicks, piglet, lamb, and calf.
Farm Cards for Object to Picture Matching Activity with Safari Toob
Three-part cards with twenty images for the object to photo-matching activity. The printable features clear true-to-life images.
Farm Pack for Preschool - Montessori Nature Printables
Printable is made with hand-drawn watercolor clipart and has beautiful soft pastel tones.
These printables include 26 pages plus 2 pages with instructions.
Activities included: Silhouette activity, Preposition Cards, Vocabulary Cards, 3-Part Cards, Find the other half, Number Activity, Fine Motor pin poking activity, Colour Wheel activity.
Safari TOOB and Toy-Matching 3-Part Cards | Montessori | Editable
Early Learning Bundle with 40 printable sets that contain 3-Part Cards for an object-to-picture matching activity. Sets are designed to match the classroom favorites – Safari TOOB figures. Use in any language. All sets include an editable PowerPoint file. Types labels in your own language and print.
Community Helpers 3-Part Cards - Montessori Nature Printables
The printable features real photos
The printable is suitable for children ages 3-6.
Classification nomenclature cards are great for expanding vocabulary and can be used during Social Studies and for teaching ESL students of all ages.
Vocabulary Cards With Animals - Montessori Nature Printables
Farm Animals, Big Animals, Small Animals, Baby Animals, Sea Animals, and Birds. Each set has two versions – with labels and without labels. You can use Vocabulary Animals Set Of Cards for match-up game, memory game and for learning new vocabulary with children and ESL students.
Flowers - Object to Picture Matching Activity with Safari Toob
Three-part cards with eight images for the object to photo-matching activity. The printable features clear real-life photographs.
It includes a set of flower vocabulary cards – rose, tulip, hibiscus, bird of paradise, daffodil, sunflower, lotus, orchid.
Honey Bee Life Cycle - Nature Curriculum in Cards
Two sets of Honey Bee Life Cycle activities with student worksheets and Honey Bee 3-part Cards
Parts of the Plant Printable - Nature Curriculum in Cards
Parts of the Plant 3-part card activity and handwriting sheets.
The printable features a clipart.
Parts of the Seed Printable - Nature Curriculum in Cards
Parts of the Seed – 3-part card activity and handwriting sheets.
Types of Flowers - Nature Curriculum in Cards
Three-part and description cards with eighteen different flowering plants. The printable features isolated images of commonly known flowers such as lotus, sunflower, pansy, orchid, tulip, rose, blue plumbago, calla lily, carnation, dahlia, daisy, bird of paradise, iris, lily, magnolia, narcissus, petunia, poppy.
Parts of a Honey Bee 3 Part Cards and B&W Student Booklet - Montessori Nature Printables
Montessori cards with 12 parts of a honey bee and b&w student booklet for tracing and independent writing.
Types of Spring Flowers 3 Part Cards and B&W Booklet Printable
Twelve beautiful flowers of Spring. Three-part cards feature colorful clipart images.
Please note, this product is also a part of Seasonal Hands-On Activities for Montessori 3-6 Classroom Bundle and Spring Pack Hands-on Montessori Inspired Activities. If you have purchased the money-saving bundle or the pack, you don’t need to purchase this printable as well!
Farming (New & Updated Edition)
Explore the natural world with Gail Gibbons in this introduction to farming and the work done on a farm throughout the seasons.
Farms are busy places throughout the year. Animals are born, fields are plowed and planted, and crops are harvested. The winters are quiet, but there are always chores to be done, and soon spring will come again.
This Farm Is a Family (Barn Sanctuary)
In this adorable illustrated picture book for kids written by Dan McKernan (Saved by the Barn), the rescue farm animals at Barn Sanctuary decide to help a cow who is dealing with fear and anxiety in her new home. Children will learn the importance of friendship and compassion, as well as why it’s important to support others during hard times.
World of Eric Carle, Around the Farm Animal 30-Button Sound Book - Great for First Words - PI Kids
Put on your overalls and have a stroll Around The Farm in this amazing sound book! Your little one can press 30 different sound buttons while they read to bring the amazing art stylings of Eric Carle to life!
Farm Animals! - From Cows to Chickens (Farming for Kids) - Children's Books on Farm Life
Let’s visit the farm virtually and meet the animals there! This edutaining book is a fun mix of pictures and texts. Your child would love to go through them and learn something new primarily because of the layout and the careful selection of texts. So what are you waiting for? Secure a copy of this fun picture book today!
National Geographic Kids On the Farm Sticker Activity Book: Over 1,000 Stickers! (NG Sticker Activity Books)
An exciting interactive title chock-full of adorable piglets, fuzzy baby chicks, and other barnyard fun, brings National Geographic Kids signature content to a sticker and activity book format. Packed with mazes, spelling and pattern games, drawing activities, and more, kids are sure to love these pages loaded with fun.
Big Red Barn
Margaret Wise Brown's simple, rhythmic text about the cycle of a day on a farm, where a family of animals peacefully plays and sleeps, has charmed generations of children.
As in her classic Goodnight Moon, Brown engages children and helps settle them down for sleep as they follow along with the animals from morning to night in the barnyard.
Teacher Created Materials - TIME For Kids Informational Text: A Visit to a Farm - Grade 2 - Guided Reading Level I
Take a trip to the place where cows and horses play and fields of crops grow in this nonfiction book that tours a farm! Early elementary readers will discover the types of farm animals, crops, and different machinery used to run a farm. With informational text, a picture glossary, a map of the farm, and bright, colorful photos, readers will want to learn all about life on a farm!
Sleep Tight Farm: A Farm Prepares for Winter
A captivating exploration of how a family gets a farm ready for the snow of winter, Sleep Tight Farm lyrically connects each growing season to the preparations at the very end of the farm year. This beautiful and informative book paints a fascinating picture of what winter means to the farm year and to the family that shares its seasons, from spring's new growth, summer's heat, and fall's bounty to winter's well-earned rest. All year long the farm has worked to shelter us, feed us, keep us warm, and now it's time to sleep.
Farm Friends Lift-a-Flap Board Book (John Deere Kids)
Nothing runs or reads like a John Deere Lift-a-Flap farm book! Introduce your little one to all the friendly animals on the farm with this adorable and sturdy board book filled with lively rural scenes and tractors designed to educate and entertain your little John Deere enthusiast.
Winter on the Farm (Little House Picture Book)
With this illustrated adaptation from the beloved Little House series, the youngest readers can share in the joy of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s beloved classics.
This My First Little House book introduces Almanzo Wilder, the young boy from Farmer Boy who would one day marry Laura Ingalls. Winter has come to the Wilder family farm in upstate New York. Almanzo goes through his afternoon barn chores, and then sits down to eat a hearty farm supper with his family.
Tractors and Farm Machinery: A STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Book for Kids (STEM Books for Kids)
For kids who love big, noisy machines — trucks, vehicles, things with big, chunky tires that go — and can’t learn enough about them!
Full of photographs and close-ups of tractors and farm machinery, this book uses fun, engaging rhymes to explain what these machines do and introduce them to the complex and fascinating work of farming, from plows, to combines, hay balers, drones, and more. Kids will learn about these incredible machines and how they help farmers grow food.
A Kid's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Best Breeds, Creating a Home, Care and Handling, Outdoor Fun, Crafts and Treats
Covering everything from feeding, housing, and collecting eggs to quirky behaviors and humane treatment, Caughey’s engaging advice helps children understand the best ways to care for their chickens. Spark enthusiasm with creative activities like chicken forts and a veggie piñata for the flock, and feed more than the imagination with egg-centric dishes like Mexican egg pizza.
Plant & Grow (John Deere Lift-A-Flap Board Book)
Nothing runs or reads like a John Deere Lift-a-Flap farming book! Introduce your little one to the wonderful world of farming with this adorable and sturdy board book filled with fun farm facts, tractors, harvesting machinery, and lively rural scenes designed to educate and entertain your little John Deere enthusiast. Simple sentences reinforce future language structure while grasping and lifting the durable flaps helps develop fine motor skills.
Saving Emma the Pig (The Biggest Little Farm)
A companion picture book to the award-winning film, "The Biggest Little Farm"!
Welcome to Apricot Lane Farm, a unique world full of true stories about heartwarming animals’ relationships and the special people who care for them.
A Year at a Farm (Time Goes By)
Horses! Ducks! Cows! Would you like to see what happens during a year at a farm? Then come spend the next twelve months at this farm. Check out eight action-packed scenes for a bird’s-eye view of spring planting, a summer festival, and an autumn harvest.
Encyclopedia Britannica - Kids Farm Animals Listen and Learn Sound Book - PI Kids
Look, listen, and learn about animals you might find on a farm! Your little one can press ten sound buttons to hear the animal's names and the sounds they make. Horses, cows, cats, dogs, we ve even included frogs; hear them all come to life.
MORE Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Geoboard Task Cards Free Math Summer Printable
- Signs Of Summer In Nature Free Printables Posters Student Booklets
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter N Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter O Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter P Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Q Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter R Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter S Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter U Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter T Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter W Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter V Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Y Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter X Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Z Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters CH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters SH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters Th Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip