💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download the fall playdough mats – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children. Use this resource with playdough outlines to create hands-on fall activities for your students to supplement their learning in various areas such as literacy and creativity.
This resource is going to be an exciting addition to your fall work shelves in the Montessori and early childhood classrooms.
Playdough sensory activities along with coloring and cutting activities are beneficial for a child’s fine motor development. Encourage children to create fall elements such as acorn, pumpkin, leaf, or mushroom using playdough templates. These mats can be also used with loose parts and various art mediums such as crayons, paints, pastels, and pencils.
Here is what’s included:
- mats featuring fall themed black and white outline shapes with tracing and initial sounds x 12
- mats featuring fall themed color outline shapes with lables and initial sounds x 12
Age: Preschool ages 2.5 – 5 years
Subjects and uses in the classroom: Thanksgiving, Autumn, Nature Table, Literacy Centers, Fine motor, Prewriting, Creative thinking
Here are some of my recommendations on how you can use these mats.
Choose mats that appeal to your students most – color or pages with black and white outlines. Print and laminate the mats. Laminating is optional if you print on cardstock and don’t plan to reuse the mats next year.
Gather or make playdough using earthy autumn colors. Also gather erasable markers or pencils.
Invite the child to decorate the mat using playdough – make the shape and letter it begins with, and color the borders. As an additional fine motor challenge, the child might enjoy using loose parts such as beads to decorate the playdough.
Please note that there are a couple of different methods children can use playdough to make the shapes and letters – by pinching off small pieces and applying them on the mats or by rolling sausage-like parts and arranging them on the surface. My advice would be – to let the child decide how they wish to handle their work and exercise their problem-solving abilities.
A cursive version is available to the members of the Resource Library 2.0!
Farm Cards for Object to Picture Matching Activity with Safari Toob
Three-part cards with twenty images for the object to photo matching activity. The printable features clear true to life images.
Forest Vocabulary 3-part Cards
Forest Vocabulary 3-part Cards for Kindergarten, First, Second Graders. This file includes:
36 themed vocabulary cards (four to one page) with forest elements – plants, wild berries, wildflowers, trees, pine cones, fungi with large unique graphics and text to match.
Autumn Unit Printable Hands-on Activities for the Montessori Classroom
Collection of Fall themed printable hands-on activities
Great for the Montessori classroom
American and British spelling (a separate folder for each)
Cards, student booklets, scavenger hunt
Printable features real photographs, clipart, and watercolor images
Pre-reading, reading, fine-motor, writing, vocabulary, counting, sorting
Geography, Language, Math, Sensory, Human Body
Fall Printables for Toddlers and Young Preschoolers
Engaging pack of fall-themed printable activities for children ages 2-5 that support student’s development in various areas, such as reading, sight words recognition, classification, counting, fine motor skills, cutting skills, concentration, helps to expand vocabulary and get active in nature.
Animal Tracks Montessori Three Part Cards Autumn Themed
Three-part cards with wild animal tracks. The printable features photos of a bear, wolf, boar, hare, squirrel, duck, mouse, lynx, deer, turkey.
Mushrooms 3-Part Cards Montessori Printable for Children
Montessori inspired Mushroom 3-part cards with 25 types of fungi.
Autumn Watercolor Matching Cards
48 watercolor matching cards with leaves and other autumn treasures.
Seasons - Sorting and Matching Pictures and Facts - Editable
Sorting and classifying printable activity to teach students about the four seasons.
Types of Mushrooms Printable - Nature Curriculum in Cards
Types of Mushrooms – 3-part card activity and handwriting sheets.
Fruits and Vegetables Vocabulary 3 Part Cards
Three-part cards are an excellent tool to help interactively learn new vocabulary and spelling. Classified cards can be used to enrich the child’s vocabulary, to develop reading, writing, and classification skills while broadening the child’s knowledge of the world. Create bilingual/multilingual cards for the students in your minority language with ease.
Food Preschool Pack - "I am a Chef"
Learning activity pack for preschool children aged 3-5. “I am a Chef” activity pack contains printables to create a wide range of hands-on experiences for young children. Students will practice one-to-one correspondence, letter formation, spelling, tracing, cutting, identifying sounds and sight words, widen their vocabulary, work on storytelling, practice fine motor skills and hand muscles, developing logical thinking, and so much more.
Native American Houses Information and Picture Cards, 3 Part Cards
This resource presents eleven types of houses built by Native American people across various geographical locations of North America.
Native American Musical Instruments - Preschool Picture Cards
This resource is great for preschool and kindergarten students for learning about the cultural aspects of Native American culture. It presents 16 different types of musical instruments with realistic and accurate clipart. Invite your students to match cards and trace labels. Bind labeled cards to make a picture book.
I Have, Who Has - Autumn ABC's - Editable
These I Have, Who Has fall themed cards are great for pre-k and k students. The cards with upper case and lower case letters help reinforce letter recognition skills in a fun and engaging way.
Learning to Count 0-10 Math Cards English & Spanish Fall Theme
Fall counting cards for one-to-one correspondence practice to Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
Learning to count from zero to ten for toddlers and young preschoolers
English and Spanish Cards
Hands-on match-up math activity with pegs featuring watercolor fall clipart
Cursive and print
Farm Pack for Preschool
Printable is made with hand-drawn watercolor clipart and has beautiful soft pastel tones.
These printables include 26 pages plus 2 pages with instructions.
Activities included: Silhouette activity, Preposition Cards, Vocabulary Cards, 3-Part Cards, Find the other half, Number Activity, Fine Motor pin poking activity, Colour Wheel activity.
Farm Babies Safari Toob 3 Part Cards Editable
Three-part cards with 11 examples of farm babies for the object-to-image matching activity.
The printable provides a set of cards with photographs of 11 different types of farm baby animals included in the Safari Farm Babies Toob – pony foal, donkey foal, horse foal, kit, kid, kitten, puppy, chicks, piglet, lamb, and calf.
Giant Magnetic Plant Life Cycle
Life Cycle of Plants Figure Butterfly Figurines Realistic Flower
Fall (Bright Baby Touch and Feel)
Pumpkin Circle: The Story of a Garden
Counting on Fall (Math in Nature, 1)
Touch and Feel Fall: Scholastic Early Learners (Touch and Feel)
Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn
Hello, World! How Do Apples Grow?
A Tree for All Seasons (Rise and Shine)
Apples for Everyone (Picture the Seasons)
Nature Stories: Little Acorn: Padded Board Book
Melodie Naturals Fall Color Play Scarves - Set of 4 Vegan Playsilks - for Open-Ended Play, Creative Montessori and Waldorf Education and Homeschool
Tell Me, Tree: All About Trees for Kids
Fungarium: Welcome to the Museum
MORE Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip