💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Download this free printable to make fun winter-themed puzzles for your preschool students that foster problem-solving skills and promote deeper concentration. These art activities also come with coloring pages. These are great for encouraging children to work on their fine motor movements and creativity.
For the last couple of weeks, my young preschooler has been enjoying working with art puzzles I cut up for her. Observing the intense concentration on her little face and the satisfaction of completing each puzzle gave me the inspiration to create this set of printables.
In the future, I plan to extend further these with different types of paintings of famous artists.
Today I invite you to download DIY winter art puzzles and activities that feature the painting “Maslenitsa” created by Boris Kustodiev in 1919.
Maslenitsa is one of the oldest celebrations in Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus. It is also known as Pancake Week.
It is traditionally celebrated to mark the end of winter. Another name for Maslenitsa is Shrovetide. Maslenitsa is celebrated in the last week before Orthodox Lent. Each day of the week holds its own meaning. The last day is Shrove Sunday.
It is also known as the Sunday of Forgiveness. It’s a day for asking forgiveness for the harm caused to other people intentionally or unintentionally.
Here is what’s included
- Labeled poster – artwork “Maslenitsa”, 19191 by Boris Kustodiev
- Labeled poster for tracing
- Painting poster
- Information cards
- 3 types of puzzle cutouts
- Painting prompt with painting fragment
- Black and white painting
- Coloring page
I included 3 different types of puzzles and a painting poster you can print and cut up in any way you like. These puzzles can be a great addition to your art activities, Winter Unit, and when exploring the European continent with your students.
I also worked in collaboration with a digital artist to bring you this exclusive coloring page that was made to complement the puzzle.
One of the art activities contains a printout with painting fragments to inspire children to complete the picture while they deep into their creativity.
Your young storytellers will enjoy working with a storytelling worksheet where they are prompted to write/dictate their story inspired by the painting.
How YOu can Use This Printable To Teach Your Students
After cutting up the puzzle pieces, set them up on a tray, and remember to include a poster with a painting as a reference for when they will be working to complete the puzzle.
You might like to mount the puzzle sheet onto thick cardboard prior to cutting it up to make it more convenient for little fingers to work on. Use a cutter to cut them up.
I hope these puzzles will be a welcomed activity in your classroom!
YOU MIGHT LIKE TO CHECK MY OTHER RESOURCES
- Winter Vocabulary – 3 Part Cards (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Winter Pack for Toddlers and Young Preschoolers (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Learning to Count 0-10 Math Cards English & Spanish Winter Theme (Teachers Pay Teachers)
- Winter Pack – Montessori Inspired Hands-on Activities (Teachers Pay Teachers)
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant