Looking for an engaging and creative activity for your kids? Why not try creating a Vincent van Gogh-inspired puzzle and coloring pages featuring sunflowers and a vase? Not only will your children have fun drawing and coloring, but they will also learn about the famous artist and his iconic style. This activity is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students. Read on to learn how to make your own puzzle and coloring pages inspired by Vincent van Gogh!
about Vincent Van Gogh
Vincent Van Gogh was a famous Dutch artist who lived in the 19th century. He is known for his unique and expressive style of painting, which greatly influenced art all around the world.
Van Gogh was born in 1853 in a small town in the Netherlands, and he showed an interest in painting from a young age. However, he did not become a professional artist until he was in his late 20s.
Van Gogh’s paintings are known for their bold use of color and thick, swirling brushstrokes. He painted many landscapes and still lifes, but he is perhaps best known for his portraits and self-portraits.
Despite his personal struggles, Van Gogh’s artwork has become incredibly famous and highly valued. Many people consider him one of the greatest artists of all time. His works can be seen in museums all around the world, and they continue to inspire artists and art lovers alike.
One of his most famous paintings is called Vase With Twelve Sunflowers, which is a painting of a vase filled with twelve bright yellow sunflowers.
Van Gogh painted this picture in 1888 while living in Arles, France. He was staying in a little yellow house with a friend and decided to paint the sunflowers that grew in the garden. Van Gogh was fascinated by the color yellow and believed that it had the power to convey deep emotions and feelings.
In this painting, Van Gogh used thick, bold brushstrokes to create a sense of movement and energy. He layered different shades of yellow to give the sunflowers depth and dimension, and used dark blues and greens to create contrast.
Today, Vase With Twelve Sunflowers is considered one of Van Gogh’s most iconic works. It has been exhibited in museums and galleries all over the world, and is a beloved piece of art that continues to inspire people of all ages.
Learning about famous artists and their artwork can be very beneficial for preschool children for the following reasons:
Cultural Understanding: By learning about artists and their work, children can gain an understanding of different cultures and traditions. This can help children to develop empathy and an appreciation for diversity.
Enhance Creativity: Encouraging children to look at different forms of visual art can help them develop their own artistic skills and creativity.
Develop Language Skills: Learning about famous artists and their artwork can also help children develop their vocabulary and language skills by introducing them to new and complex words.
Developing Critical Thinking Skills: Introducing children to different styles of art can help them to develop critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze and interpret different forms of visual content.
Boosting Confidence: Learning about famous artists and their work can help children to feel more confident about their own art abilities, inspiring them to continue exploring and creating their own original work.
Activities inspired by Vincent van Gogh’s Painting Sunflowers and Vase
Art Appreciation: Introduce Vincent van Gogh and his Sunflowers painting to the children through books. Show them the painting and ask them what they can see in it. Point out the different colors, shapes, and lines used by the artist. Encourage them to express their thoughts and feelings about the painting.
Sunflower Sorting and Counting: Provide children with real or plastic sunflowers of varying sizes and colors to sort. They can sort them based on size, color, or type. You can also use them for counting practice by asking children to count the number of petals or the number of flowers in the vase.
Sunflower Painting: Give children a plain white paper and let them paint their own version of Sunflowers. Encourage them to use colors similar to the original painting, but also allow for their own creativity. Provide them with different brush sizes and textures to experiment with.
Vase Decorating: Provide children with a plain vase and different art materials like stickers, markers, paint, or even nature items like flowers and leaves to decorate it. This activity can encourage creativity and boost their sense of accomplishment.
Sunflower Craft: Show children how to make their own Sunflower craft using yellow paper plates, brown tissue paper, and green construction paper. They can practice their fine motor skills by cutting out the petals and leaves and gluing them onto the plate. This project also encourages creativity and imagination.
Flower Arranging: Provide children with a variety of flowers and let them create their own flower arrangements in a vase. This activity helps children develop their spatial awareness, eye for color, and coordination skills.
History and Geography: Use a map or globe to show children where Vincent van Gogh lived and worked. Teach them about the history and culture of the places he visited and painted. This activity can also spark their curiosity about different parts of the world.
Nature Walk: Take children on a nature walk to spot sunflowers in their natural habitat. Encourage them to observe and document what they see in a nature journal or sketchbook. This activity can help children develop their curiosity about the natural world and appreciation for the beauty around them.
DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
You are invited to download this free printable to make fun autumn and summer-themed puzzles featuring the famous painting created by Vincent van Gogh Vase with twelve sunflowers for your preschool students that foster problem-solving skills and promote deeper concentration. These art activities also come with coloring pages. These are great for encouraging children to work on their fine motor movements and creativity.
It’s a new addition to our free resources with DIY art puzzles, coloring pages, and printouts that feature this stunning artwork.
HERE IS WHAT’S INCLUDED
- Labeled poster – artwork “ Vase with twelve sunflowers ” by Vincent van Gogh
- Labeled poster for tracing
- Painting poster
- 3 types of puzzle cutouts
- Painting prompt with painting fragment
- Black and white painting
- Coloring page
HOW YOU CAN USE THIS PRINTABLE TO TEACH YOUR STUDENTS – Recommendations
There are 3 different types of puzzles and a painting poster included. Print and cut them up. These puzzles can be a great addition to your art activities, a study of the flowers, and if you are exploring the European continent with your students.
One of the art activities contains a printout with painting fragments to inspire children to complete the picture while they deep into their creativity.
Your young storytellers will enjoy working with a storytelling worksheet where they are prompted to write/dictate their story inspired by the painting.
After cutting up the puzzle pieces, set them up on a tray, and remember to include a poster with a painting as a reference for when they will be working to complete the puzzle.
You might like to mount the puzzle sheet onto thick cardboard prior to cutting it up to make it more convenient for little fingers to work on. Use a cutter to cut them up.
I hope these puzzles will be a welcomed activity in your classroom!
Coloring artwork of famous artists is an excellent way to introduce preschool children to the world of art. It can be a fun and creative activity that allows them to express themselves, while also learning about different artists, their styles, and the different colors they used in their artwork. Here are some reasons why coloring famous artists’ work can be important for preschoolers:
- It can develop fine motor skills: Coloring requires children to use small movements which helps to develop their fine motor skills. This skill is important because it helps them with writing, tying shoes, and buttoning clothes.
- It encourages creativity: By coloring, preschoolers have the freedom to choose the colors they want to use and how they want to apply them. This can encourage creativity and inspire them to use their imagination.
- It helps to develop their cognitive skills: Coloring requires children to pay attention to details and follow instructions. It can help develop their cognitive skills, such as memory, attention span, and problem-solving skills.
- It exposes them to different styles of art: By coloring famous artists’ work, preschoolers get exposed to different styles of art. This can help them appreciate different forms of art and see the beauty in diversity.
- It can foster an appreciation for art: Coloring famous artists’ work can spark curiosity in preschoolers about different artists and their work. This can foster an appreciation for art and inspire them to explore more art forms in the future.
Overall, coloring famous artists’ work can be an engaging and enriching activity for preschool children. It can help them develop important cognitive and motor skills, foster creativity and imagination, and cultivate an appreciation for art.
🎁Please visit the FREE Resource Library to download this printable. The Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image.
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, I invite you to join the Montessori Nature Membership for $3/month or purchase a Premium Membership with lifetime access to Life Cycle and Diagram printables along with the Preschool Activity Planner.
Free Printables Designed by Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Singular And Plural Nouns: Montessori Free Sorting Printable For Teaching Kids The Difference
- Ignite Children’s Curiosity With Space Geoboard Task Cards – Free Printable
- Outer Space Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs Coloring And Tracing Free Printable
- 10 Trees And 10 Leaves Sorting Cards – Free Printable
- Winter Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Coloring And Tracing Printable
- Enhance Learning With Free Montessori Adjective Printables For Students: Engaging Activities To Expand Vocabulary And Develop Language Skills
- Explore World Landmarks With Fine Motor Printable – Free 3 Part Card Geography Activity
- Free DIY Thanksgiving Puzzles, Vintage Cards And Storytelling Worksheets For Children
- Discover The Fascinating World Of Birds With Our Free Printable Math Coordinates For Preschoolers
- Explore Seasonal Clothing With Fine Motor Printable – Free 3 Part Card Activity
- Engage Preschoolers In Learning With Free Autumn And Summer Sorting Cards – Perfect Educational Activity For Seasonal Fun
- Explore Pumpkin Life Cycle With A Free Playdough Mats And Poem Printable For Kids
- Boost Your Students’ Literacy Skills With Fun And Creative Cards Featuring Compound Words
- Animals and Their Homes Free Printable
- Explore Sunflower Life Cycle With Free Play Dough Mats And Poem Printable For Children
- Geoboard Task Cards Free Math Summer Printable
- Signs Of Summer In Nature Free Printables Posters Student Booklets
- Get Sorting With These Free Fall-Themed Printable Activities For Kids – Made By Humans And Made By Nature Sort
- All About Me Printable Freebie
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Birthday Timeline Printable
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Get Ready For Some Farm Fun With Our Free Printable Preschool Math Coordinates Activity!
- Fall Into Learning Fun With Autumn-Themed Geoboard Cards Free Printable For Kids
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter N Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter O Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter P Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Q Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter R Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter S Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter U Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter T Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter W Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter V Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Y Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter X Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Z Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters CH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters SH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters Th Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- Double Letters ‘OO’ Vowel Digraph
- ‘ER’ Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- ‘OR’ Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- Double Letters ‘EE’ Vowel Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- Double Letters ‘NG’ Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Doing Montessori At Home With Your Baby ( 7 – 9 Mo ) Free Printable Checklist