💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Making crafts with children creates an opportunity for spending this oh, so important and special one-on-one time with them. Creating a Christmas ornament inspired by a book is even more fun and meaningful. Our Christmas kid-made ornament was inspired by “The Story of Three Wise Kings” retold and illustrated by Tomie dePaola.
My daughter absolutely fell in love with this book, more so with its absolutely authentic, gorgeous illustrations. His illustrations are very different and unique. Tomie dePaola has got a whole series of books retelling Bible stories.
When making crafts and art it is essential to allow access to all sorts of different media and textures.
- “What is the most interesting part of this illustration?”
- “How can we make one that looks similar?”
- “What materials shall we use?”
- “What colors would you like to use?” etc.
- cut a star shape out of cardboard/cardstock
- make holes with a hole punch for ribbons
- invite the child to thread the ribbon and tie it in the middle
- invite him or her to glue pieces of fabrics onto the star