💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download this Christmas-themed printable for young students and preschool children aged 2.5 – 5. This Christmas Around the World resource contains elements for match up, pin punching and cutting cards, peg fine motor activities, posters and 3 part cards Aussie Christmas.
Use these resources with whimsical clipart and photographs to explore Christmas traditions in Australia with your students. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to create activities and shelf work for Christmas Around the World Unit in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Every classroom has children who can benefit from activities that support fine motor development and help them improve eye-hand coordination.
This activity will assist your young students in strengthening their finger muscles.
There are many uses for printables. One of them is introducing children to new vocabulary and making glue-and-paste activities.
Montessori Three-Part Cards are designed for children to learn and process the information on the cards.
HERE IS WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- 2 x Christmas in Australia posters
- 1 x sorting mat – background
- 1 x page with Christmas elements for matching
- 12 x Christmas in Australia themed images for tracing and pin punching
- 12 x Christmas in Australia themed images for tracing and pin punching with labels for tracing
- 1 x clip on card
- 10 X round cards
- poster x 1
- tracing and coloring strips x 10
- 20 x Aussie Christmas picture cards
- 20 x Aussie Christmas control cards
- 20 x Aussie Christmas label cards
Age: Preschool ages 2.5 – 6 years
The peg fine motor printable contains a round poster clip on card, a set with matching cards, a master poster with labels, and a line art coloring version.
Print and cut cards. Gather a glue gun and pegs. Mount round cards onto the pegs. Invite the child to find the matching cards for each peg. Pegs will create an additional challenge for little fingers and their muscles. This exercise will help to improve the child’s fine motor skills and help prepare for writing.
Alternatively, attach clear hook and loop fasteners and invite the child to fasten pictures onto the correct image. This exercise is beloved by littles and is also very helpful to young children who are working on mastering their pencil grips.
Blackline printable – print on regular printing paper. Supply coloring pencils and a writing pencil. Invite the child to trace the words, and corresponding color images.
You might also like to cut words and images and invite the child to match the correct pairs.
A crusive option is available for members of Resource Library 2.0
Montessori Three-Part Cards are designed for children to learn and process the information on the cards.
They consist of a card with the picture and the word label, a card with the picture, and a card with the word label.
Step 1: Lay down all the picture cards, introducing one term at a time.
Step 2: Ask the child to point to the picture card you ask for.
Step 3: Gather the picture cards in your hand. Place one card at a time down and ask, “What is this?“
Step 4: Ask the child to match the figurine to the picture.
If a child is still engaged:
Step 5: Lay down all the labeled picture cards (control cards). Read each word to the child.
Step 6: Ask the child to match each picture card to the labeled picture cards (control cards).
Step 7: Ask the child to take the top label card and compare it to the first labeled picture card, until they find the matching label card for each control card.
Once a child can read:
Step one: Ask the child to lay down the picture cards and name each term.
Step two: Ask the child to read each label card and match it to the picture card.
Step three: Ask the child to use the labeled picture cards (control cards) to self-correct.
To view a video with three-part card extension ideas, click here.
As a follow-up activity, the child can be invited to make a booklet. The child is invited to color pictures and copy new vocabulary he or she learned when working with the card set.
The printable contains 12 cards with Christmas in Australia elements.
Please note that push pinning activities require constant adult supervision.
Print the pages on cardstock or regular printing paper.
Gather a giant push pin for pin punching, padding to absorb the pricks, glue, paints & brushes or corks, and pieces of construction paper.
Invite the child to choose a card and poke out an outline. Carefully tear the picture shape.
To make a card – invite the child to glue the pin punching card onto construction paper and decorate the frame by dipping one end of a cork into paints and leaving prints around it.
Alternatively, use Pin Punching Cards to make a coloring booklet or cutting activities.
Print on printing paper. Cut cards. Invite the child to trace and color Christmas elements and staple pages.
Cursive version is available to the members of Resource Library 0.2.
There are many uses of the printable. One of them is introducing children to new vocabulary and making glue-and-paste activities.
Younger children can be encouraged to match colored pictures to the black and white version.
Cut cards, laminate, and attach hook and loop dots to add an extra challenge for little fingers.
If you would like to enlarge the background, here is how you can do it. Hit Print. Make sure your Advanced Settings ‘Print As Image’ has been deselected. Then hit ‘Poster’ and set your ‘Tile Scale’ according to how large you would like your poster to be. It will print on two sheets if you set it at 100%. Trim sheets as needed and connect your poster pieces using scotch tape.
❗️The Free Resource Library is color-coded to help you find the printable you need. Locate the group this printable belongs to based on the color of the cover image. The latest printable will be at the end of each group.
Here is what others are saying..
⌛️ If you prefer to save time, I invite you to join the membership – Resource Library 2.0 for a small price of $6/month or purchase lifetime access.
Perks you get when you join Resource Library 2.0 Membership:
- 20% automatic store discount
- Weekly prefilled planner (September – May)
- Weekly bonus printables (September – May)
- Browse ads-free page
- Quick search
- One-click downloads
- Free Homeschool eCourse
- Cursive printables
Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Raccoon life cycle and parts of a raccoon
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Corn Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Corn Plant
- Types Of Apples
- Turkey Life Cycle And Parts Of A Turkey
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Characteristics Of The Red Squirrel
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- Sunflower Activities
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Cat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Cat
- Apple Life Cycle And Parts Of An Apple
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- Snake Life Cycle And Parts Of A Snake
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Octopus Life Cycle And Parts Of An Octopus
- Dog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Dog
- Crab Life Cycle And Parts Of A Crab
- Shark Life Cycle And Parts Of The Shark
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Seahorse Life Cycle And Parts Of The Seahorse
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- Elephant Life Cycle And Parts Of An African Elephant
- Zebra Life Cycle And Parts Of A Zebra
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Parts Of A Grasshopper And Grasshopper Life Cycle
- Parts Of A Bear And Types Of Bears
- Chicken Life Cycle And Parts Of A Chicken Embryo
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Deer Life Cycle And Parts Of A Deer
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Mushroom Life Cycle 3 Part Cards, Poster And Blackline
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Earthworm Life Cycle, Parts Of An Earthworm, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters
- Parts Of The Snail And Snail Life Cycle Printables
- Parts Of A Bottlenose Dolphin And Dolphin Life Cycle
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Hummingbird Learning Activities
- Ladybug Learning Activities
- Turtle Learning Activities
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Cards
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- Flamingo Life Cycle And Parts Of A Flamingo
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- Owl Life Cycle And Parts Of An Owl
- Squirrel Life Cycle And Parts Of A Squirrel
- Characteristics Of The Emperor Penguin
- Platypus Life Cycle And Parts Of A Platypus
- Macaw Life Cycle And Parts Of A Macaw
- Polar Bear Life Cycle And Parts Of A Polar Bear
- Giraffe Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giraffe
- Hedgehog Life Cycle And Parts Of A Hedgehog
- Bat Life Cycle And Parts Of A Bat
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Poppy Life Cycle And Parts Of The Red Poppy
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Rabbit Life Cycle And Parts Of A Rabbit
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Blue Jay Life Cycle And Parts Of A Blue Jay
- Giant Panda Life Cycle And Parts Of A Giant Panda
- Manatee Life Cycle And Parts Of A Manatee
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Pea Plant Life Cycle And Parts Of A Pea Plant
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip
- Tomato Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tomato Plant