💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
You are invited to download this Christmas-themed printable for young students and preschool children aged 2.5 – 5. This Christmas Around the World resource contains elements for match up, pin punching and cutting cards, peg fine motor activities, posters and 3 part cards Aussie Christmas.
Use these resources with whimsical clipart and photographs to explore Christmas traditions in Australia with your students. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to create activities and shelf work for Christmas Around the World Unit in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Every classroom has children who can benefit from activities that support fine motor development and help them improve eye-hand coordination.
This activity will assist your young students in strengthening their finger muscles.
There are many uses for printables. One of them is introducing children to new vocabulary and making glue-and-paste activities.
Montessori Three-Part Cards are designed for children to learn and process the information on the cards.
HERE IS WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- 2 x Christmas in Australia posters
- 1 x sorting mat – background
- 1 x page with Christmas elements for matching
- 12 x Christmas in Australia themed images for tracing and pin punching
- 12 x Christmas in Australia themed images for tracing and pin punching with labels for tracing
- 1 x clip on card
- 10 X round cards
- poster x 1
- tracing and coloring strips x 10
- 20 x Aussie Christmas picture cards
- 20 x Aussie Christmas control cards
- 20 x Aussie Christmas label cards
CHILDREN’S NONFICTION CHRISTMAS BOOKS
Age: Preschool ages 2.5 – 6 years
Subjects and uses in the classroom: Christmas, Australia, Multicultural area, Fine motor, Prewriting, Scissors skills
The peg fine motor printable contains a round poster clip on card, a set with matching cards, a master poster with labels, and a line art coloring version.
Print and cut cards. Gather a glue gun and pegs. Mount round cards onto the pegs. Invite the child to find the matching cards for each peg. Pegs will create an additional challenge for little fingers and their muscles. This exercise will help to improve the child’s fine motor skills and help prepare for writing.
Alternatively, attach clear hook and loop fasteners and invite the child to fasten pictures onto the correct image. This exercise is beloved by littles and is also very helpful to young children who are working on mastering their pencil grips.
Blackline printable – print on regular printing paper. Supply coloring pencils and a writing pencil. Invite the child to trace the words, and corresponding color images.
You might also like to cut words and images and invite the child to match the correct pairs.
Montessori Three-Part Cards are designed for children to learn and process the information on the cards.
They consist of a card with the picture and the word label, a card with the picture, and a card with the word label.
Step 1: Lay down all the picture cards, introducing one term at a time.
Step 2: Ask the child to point to the picture card you ask for.
Step 3: Gather the picture cards in your hand. Place one card at a time down and ask, “What is this?“
Step 4: Ask the child to match the figurine to the picture.
If a child is still engaged:
Step 5: Lay down all the labeled picture cards (control cards). Read each word to the child.
Step 6: Ask the child to match each picture card to the labeled picture cards (control cards).
Step 7: Ask the child to take the top label card and compare it to the first labeled picture card, until they find the matching label card for each control card.
Once a child can read:
Step one: Ask the child to lay down the picture cards and name each term.
Step two: Ask the child to read each label card and match it to the picture card.
Step three: Ask the child to use the labeled picture cards (control cards) to self-correct.
To view a video with three-part card extension ideas, click here.
As a follow-up activity, the child can be invited to make a booklet. The child is invited to color pictures and copy new vocabulary he or she learned when working with the card set.
The printable contains 12 cards with Christmas in Australia elements.
Please note that push pinning activities require constant adult supervision.
Print the pages on cardstock or regular printing paper.
Gather a giant push pin for pin punching, padding to absorb the pricks, glue, paints & brushes or corks, and pieces of construction paper.
Invite the child to choose a card and poke out an outline. Carefully tear the picture shape.
To make a card – invite the child to glue the pin punching card onto construction paper and decorate the frame by dipping one end of a cork into paints and leaving prints around it.
Alternatively, use Pin Punching Cards to make a coloring booklet or cutting activities.
Print on printing paper. Cut cards. Invite the child to trace and color Christmas elements and staple pages.
There are many uses for the printable. One of them is introducing children to new vocabulary and making glue-and-paste activities.
Younger children can be encouraged to match colored pictures to the black-and-white version.
Cut cards, laminate, and attach hook and loop dots to add an extra challenge for little fingers.
If you would like to enlarge the background, here is how you can do it. Hit Print. Make sure your Advanced Settings ‘Print As Image’ has been deselected. Then hit ‘Poster’ and set your ‘Tile Scale’ according to how large you would like your poster to be. It will print on two sheets if you set it at 100%. Trim sheets as needed and connect your poster pieces using scotch tape.
Christmas Pack Preschool and Kindergarten Learning Folder Busy Book
Christmas-themed learning activity pack for Pre-K, Preschool, and Kindergarten children aged 3-5. The Christmas learning folder contains printables to create a wide range of hands-on experiences for young children. Students will explore various math concepts, such as odd and even numbers, work with CVC words, practice simple subtraction and addition operations, explore the First Christmas Story, work on sequencing skills, improve their fine motor, work on storytelling, develop logical thinking, and so much more.
Fun and Meaningful Advent Calendar With Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten Children - Free Printables
Pine Tree Life Cycle – Free Printables
There are so many uses of the Pine tree life cycle printables in a preschool or kindergarten classroom. These are a great addition to preschool Winter and Christmas units. Create trays for your Montessori shelf to explore the life cycle of conifer trees along with the tundra biome or botany unit – life cycle of a tree.
Nativity Cards matching Safari Ltd. Nativity SuperTOOB
The printable features watercolor images.
Images included in the printable – Nativity, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, shepherd, camel, sheep, cow, donkey, Balthazar, Melchior, Gaspar.
Reviving Mindful Tradition of Eco - Friendly Cloth Gift Wrapping
I believe in is the time we revived the tradition of wrapping gifts into the fabric that has been around from the dawn of time and is still very popular in Japan.
Kid-Made Christmas Star Ornament
Making crafts with children creates an opportunity for spending this oh, so important and special one-on-one time with them. Creating a Christmas ornament inspired by a book is even more fun and meaningful. Our Christmas kid-made ornament was inspired by “The Story of Three Wise Kings” retold and illustrated by Tomie dePaola.
60 DIY Coloring Cards
60 DIY coloring cards for adults and children.
Angels in Art - Montessori Nomenclature Cards
Montessori Inspired Angels in Art – Montessori Nomenclature Cards.
Montessori Winter Pin Punching Cards
10 Winter themed cards for pin punching
Christmas Themed Math Beads Addition Cards
Christmas Themed Math Beads Addition Cards Printable contains
20 Colour Tree Cards with addition
18 Black and white tree cards with addition
Christmas Themed Knobless Cylinder Extensions
Montessori Christmas Themed Knobless Cylinder Extension Cards(made for sets with 5.5 cm radius of the thickest knobless cylinder)Printable contains 11 variations of Christmas themed extensions
DIY Christmas Personalized Photo Cards Photo Booth Props
DIY Wishing you a Montessori Christmas and Happy Holidays cards – personalized photo printable cards. Christmas Photo Booth Props (mustaches, eyeglasses, Santa hat and beard, reindeer antlers, also tie, bow, elf hat, angel).
Christmas Fine Motor Craft
Christmas craft is always loved by kids. It is something they get to make with their own hands and present it to someone special. There is a great choice of different art and craft materials out there, but I like to offer children ones that incorporate learning important skills and help the child to develop different fine motor. I picked these two simple, yet beautiful and exciting activities to make handmade Christmas ornaments that can be a sweet present for the child to give.
Montessori Christmas Shelves
Christmas is probably one single most exciting season of the year for many. This is a great time to set up activities that will keep children engaged and create wonderful learning opportunities. Here you will find a variety of exercises. It is lots of fun to use all sorts of materials and ones that are easy to get hold of.
December Themed Christmas and Winter Holidays Activities - Busy Book and Learning Mats
A busy book is a great way to prepare learning activities for preschool children when you don’t have much time on your hands. With the help of a busy book, children will practice fine motor, counting, recognizing numbers, simple addition. Activities will also help to improve important cognitive functions, logical thinking, and concentration.
Montessori Inspired Christmas Activities With Printables
Joy and excitement are in the air in this house as we are approaching one of the most anticipated celebrations of the year for our family – Christmas. Since our children are still very young, it feels especially significant to build up our family traditions and events around this time. I have noticed that kids at this age have practically no expectations.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar's Peekaboo Christmas (The World of Eric Carle)
The Christmas Wish (A Wish Book)
Jan Brett's The Nutcracker
The Christmas Blessing: A One-of-a-Kind Nativity Story for Kids about the Love That Brings Us Together
The Family Under the Bridge: A Christmas Holiday Book for Kids
The Christmas Owl: Based on the True Story of a Little Owl Named Rockefeller
Dasher: How a Brave Little Doe Changed Christmas Forever
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
The Advent Storybook: 25 Bible Stories Showing Why Jesus Came (Bible Storybook Series)
The Night Before Christmas eBook: The Classic Edition (The New York Times Bestseller)
The Jolly Christmas Postman
Little Red Sleigh: A Heartwarming Christmas Book For Children
Miracle on 34th Street: Storybook Edition of the Heartwarming Christmas Classic for Children
Saint Nicholas: The Real Story of the Christmas Legend
The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving
The Snowman's Song: A Christmas Story - Children's Christmas Books for Ages 4-8, Witness a Christmas Miracle as the Little Snowman Embarks On An Epic Journey to Sing a Song - Winter Books for Kids
The Last Ornament: A Christian Christmas Story for Kids Ages 4-8 / What Does Christmas Mean to You?
The Promise and the Light: A Christmas Retelling
The 50 States: Explore the U.S.A. with 50 fact-filled maps!
All about Christmas: Over 100 Amazing Facts behind the Christmas Story (Photographic, educational home school, Sunday school Christian resource or gift for kids ages 7-11)
Holidays Around the World: Celebrate Christmas: With Carols, Presents, and Peace
Weird But True Christmas: 300 Festive Facts to Light Up the Holidays
Christmas Traditions Around the World - Learning Resoruces
How to Organise a Living Advent Calendar/ Advent Windows in your Community
Bring great enjoyment to your local neighbourhood this December by organising a Living Advent Calendar! Based on the Advent Windows that germanic countries have been decorating for years, the Living Advent Calendar is a way to light up neighbourhoods with some Christmas spirirt and cheer.
Holidays Around the World Videos for Teachers
Learning about the customs and traditions of Christmas holidays around the world is always a December highlight in my classroom. In this post I’ll share Holidays Around the World videos for teachers that feature unique customs and traditions in 15 countries around the world. Use these amazing videos for teachers to excite your students and make the learning come alive as you teach about holidays around the world.
Christmas Around the World
This month in our class we have been celebrating holidays around the world. We began in America with Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, comparing the similarities and differences between the two.
History of Christmas Trees and Christmas Tree Traditions
There is a legend that Martin Luther was the first to put candles on the evergreen tree after walking home one night and viewing the stars through the tree branches.
Craft It Up! Chirstmas Around the World -- Book Review
This book is divided into three chapters: The Americas, Europe and Asia, Africa and Oceania. With countries in each area of the world a Christmas craft is shared as well as some information about Christmas in the country.
Christmas Around the World For Kids
Exploring the variety of Christmas traditions around the world is a wonderful adventure to take kids on this holiday season! Every country has a fun way to celebrate with festive treats and customs that are just as varied as our own. Take a journey through 15+ countries including Italy, Sweden, Germany, Australia, Japan, and many more as you learn about special Christmas traditions or folklore that make each country unique in their Christmas celebrations.
Christmas Advent Calendar by Our World of Wonder
The Advent Calendar contains 24 activities and recipes for each day of December, and each activity is a new opportunity to connect, bond, and create wonderful memories together.
Christmas Around The World Activities
Explore the way other cultures around the world celebrate the holidays with these Christmas around the world activities for the 5 Days of Christmas Science Projects!
The Saint Nicholas Day Snow by Charlotte Riggle
The Saint Nicholas Day Snow begins on the morning of St. Nicholas Eve. Catherine's best friend, Elizabeth, is coming for a sleepover. They'll share a day filled with warm cookies, squabbles with siblings, holiday traditions, and the excitement of an unexpected snowstorm.
A World of Cookies for Santa: Follow Santa's Tasty Trip Around the World by M.E. Furman
A World of Cookies for Santa takes readers across the globe to see all the treats that await Santa on Christmas Eve.
MORE Free Printables From Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip