💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
Each culture carries an incredibly rich palette of colors and gorgeous patterns represented in their traditional costumes. Children love learning about different traditions all over the world and finding out what makes them so unique and special.
Can you imagine a Montessori classroom without a continent study unit? Impossible. Well, besides being an essential part of the Montessori curriculum it is also lots of fun for kids to learn and even try different cultural outfits.
I have put together multicultural activities that represent children of the world in their traditional clothes. These work great in our preschool Montessori classroom.
Children of the world dress-up activity make dressing up paper boys and girls great fun. In this printable, there are 12 boys and girls with different skin tone colors.
Each has a set of traditional clothes. I love the idea of sticking magnet tape on the back of each part (after cutting it out and laminating it). If you place a paper girl or boy on a cookie sheet, it will make it easier for kids to dress them up. I also love using paper boy and girl print out on their own with play-dough activities and invite my child to create dress-ups using play-dough. Find this printable here
Children of the world counting puzzles made a great math activity for practicing counting by 1s from 1-100. Each card has ten strips (1-10, 11-20, etc.) These are also more fun when having magnets at the back and done on a cookie sheet. Find this printable here
This printable (subscriber freebie) demonstrates traditional clothes people wear around the globe Print out on A3 paper and laminate the world map. Next, print out, laminate, and cut out pictures to match the ones on the map. You may also like to attach velcro dots to the World Map and the rest of the printable pieces.
Traditional Costumes Around The World 3 – Part Montessori Cards are very versatile. They contain pictures of the female and male people that represent countries of 6 continents. My “Traditional Costumes Around The World” Book printable for coloring and labeling is included as well. Pictures of people in traditional clothes are just gorgeous. Additionally, students will enjoy using control cards or picture cards for memory or match-up activity. Find this printable here.
Another set of cards – “I Love The Way You..” presents everyday activities children do around the world. These cards are designed to show the beauty and diversity of the human race.
You can use this printable as an inspiration to create an “I love the way you..” book and include information about different cultures presented in your classroom.
There are 26 cards and a template for children to make a book about their friends. They can take a photo or make a drawing as they gather information.
Hands-on Geography Activities You Might Enjoy
- Australia Salt-Dough Map – Hands-On Geography
- Geography Printables and Hands-on Activities
- Continent printables and Hands-on Activities
- Flags Of Africa – Geography Activity For Kindergarten Children
- DIY Africa Map And Pin Flags – Hands-On Geography Activity
- Parts Of The Volcano Poster, 3 Part Cards, Blackline Masters – Free Printable
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards – Free Printable
- Learning About Rocks And Minerals
- Choosing The Right Calendar For Your Classroom
- Authentic Handmade Materials For Your Dream Montessori Classroom
- Rain Cloud In A Jar Science Experiment Plus Types Of Clouds Printable
- International Kid Chef – Culinary Montessori Activity With Dough
- Learning About Land And Water Formations – Montessori Outdoor Explorations
- Children Of The World Multicultural Activities For Children
- Australia Themed Free Printables
- Montessori Focus: Land, Water, Air Activity
- Australian Aboriginal Dot Painting For Children And Art Resources
- Asia – Free Printables Resources For The Montessori Classroom
- South America – Free Educational Printables. Resources For The Montessori Classroom
- Teaching About Europe In The Montessori Classroom
- Teaching Geography In The Montessori Classroom
- Supporting Cultural Diversity In The Montessori Classroom