💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support. Stock Images supplied by Canva
You are invited to download our free spring printables – learning printables for preschool and kindergarten children with animals in spring. Use these resources Mammals and Birds sorting cards and Animals in Spring watercolor matching cards to create hands-on science activities for your students.
Children will learn to differentiate between mammals and birds and work to improve their concentration and fine motor skills. This resource will come in handy if you are planning to refresh your shelf work with spring-themed activities, learning about different types of birds and vertebrates in your Montessori and early childhood classroom.
Free printable Animals in Spring – Matching Cards
There are many uses for the printable. Teach new vocabulary, point out differences in conditions for animals between winter and spring seasons, and make glue-and-paste activities.
Younger children can be encouraged to match colored animal pictures to the black-and-white version.
Cut animal cards, laminate them, and attach hook and loop dots to add an extra challenge for little fingers. Older children, as I mentioned before, might be inspired to create their own book of animals in spring, glue cutouts, or draw and label the animals.
Here is what’s included:
Animals in spring watercolor cards for littles (pre-k and K students) – match, glue onto a watercolor spring background, and learn new words.
- 10 x spring-themed elements for matching
- 1 x spring-themed background
- 1 x animal in spring page for matching
Cards for sorting that present birds and mammals in the spring season. Each card comes with a label.
- 2 x label cards
- 10 x labeled cards featuring birds in spring
- 10 x labeled cards featuring mammals in spring.
Age: Preschool ages 3 – 6 years
Subjects and uses in the classroom: North America Study, Bird Unit, Nature Table, Science Centers
Exploring Spring - Children's Books and Learning Resources
When Spring Comes
Watch the world transform when spring comes! In a starred review, School Library Journal called this delightful picture book “A must-have, joyful seasonal title for the youngest listeners.”
A Walk Through the Woods
This stunning gift book, with hand-cut paper art and lyrical text by an award-winning poet, leads you deep into the forest . . . and out again into the light.
Listen: the forest is calling.
What Can You See in Spring? (Seasons)
Books in this series introduce emergent readers to the four seasons. In Spring, children are taken on a tour of things they can see in spring including typical spring activities and new life and growth in the natural world.
Buzz from flower to flower with a sweet honeybee in this timely, clever, and breathtakingly gorgeous picture book from critically acclaimed author Kirsten Hall and award-winning illustrator Isabelle Arsenault.
Worm Weather (Penguin Core Concepts)
Join in the rainy-day fun, as kids splash through the puddles, affecting another weather enthusiast, a nearby worm. An imaginative and playful story, readers will love seeing the worm delight in the weather just as much as the kids.
The Tiny Seed: With seeded paper to grow your own flowers! (The World of Eric Carle)
Planting a Rainbow
In this perennial classic with sturdy board book pages by Caldecott Honor–winning author Lois Ehlert, little ones learn the colors of the rainbow as they watch a plants grow in a beautifully vibrant garden.
How Do You Know It's Spring? (Rookie Read-About Science: Seasons)
How do you know its spring?
Through vivid photos and engaging nonfiction text, this fun and fact-filled Rookie Read-About Science book answers the question, How do you know its spring?
The Reason for a Flower: A Book About Flowers, Pollen, and Seeds (Explore!)
The reason for a flower is to manufacture seeds, but Ruth Heller shares a lot more about parts of plants and their functions in her trademark rhythmic style.
Plants in Spring (All about Spring)
In spring, seeds are planted. Sprouts pop up through the soil. Colorful flowers bloom. See how plants come to life in spring.
I Am Spring: A Book About Spring for Kids (I Am Learning: Educational Series for Kids)
After the cold of Winter, comes the warmth of Spring. “I Am Spring” takes young children on a journey through the many important events that occur uniquely in the beautiful growing season of Spring. When the day becomes longer than the night, and the leaves begin to sprout on the bare branches, and bugs and animals that were hiding start to reappear, get ready, because that means Spring is here!
Spring is Here!
Discover the world as it wakes from its winter slumber as the flowers blossom, the animals come out from their resting place, and nature comes alive during this season of renewal.
Seeds and Trees: A children's book about the power of words
Words are powerful. They can hurt or they can heal.
It's time to tell a special tale that will warm the hearts of readers of all ages. Seeds and Trees revels in the power of words. It explores their effects on feelings and emotions. And it does so through the journey of two different seeds.
A Little Book About Spring (Leo Lionni's Friends)
A new board book for the youngest fans of Leo Lionni--inspired by his bestselling books and perfect for Easter and springtime reading!
I See Spring
Celebrate the season of spring with raindrops, robins, bluebells, and butterflies! In Charles Ghigna’s I See Spring, colorful illustrations are matched with rhyming, easy-to-read text that explores rain falling, flowers blooming, and other springtime wonders.
My Backyard Bird Book: Fun Facts & Surprising Secrets
Discover the birds that live all around us!
Kids love learning about nature, and birds are a very important and amazing part of it! They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They live in trees, bushes, and skies of your town, park, and even your own backyard. With the help of this beautiful book your child will learn:
About Birds: A Guide for Children (About…, 1)
In this simple volume, former educator and author Cathryn Sill uses clear, easy-to-understand language to teach children what birds are, what they do, and how they live.
Common Backyard Birds
Award-winning bird photographer Doris Dumrauf introduces young readers to 20 birds frequently found in North American back yards, including: American Goldfinch, Tufted Titmouse, Northern Cardinal, and many others. Her vivid photographs depict birds in their natural habitat and typical backyard settings. The entertaining narrative highlights the simple steps required to attract birds to your yard.
The Little Book of Woodland Bird Songs
Being able to identify a bird's song is a skill that brings joy and fosters an appreciation of nature. Some bird songs are distinctive and easily recognized, like the common loon and wild turkey.
Unbelievable Pictures and Facts About Blue Jays
Smart Kids Presents…Blue Jays - Unbelievable Pictures and Facts about Blue Jays.
How do you tell the difference between a male or female blue jay?Are these birds territorial or not?
The Little Book of Backyard Bird Songs
Being able to identify a bird's song is a skill that brings joy and fosters an appreciation of nature. Learning how to differentiate between the songs of a house finch and a goldfinch, however, is not easy.
Backpack Explorer: Bird Watch: What Will You Find?
The third book in the Backpack Explorer series from the Editors of Storey Publishing invites budding naturalists to head outside for a walk — in the woods, a park, or right in their backyard — to spot feathered friends. Backpack Explorer: Bird Watch leads kids aged 4 and up through the basics of birding, from identifying common birds to learning about habitat and migration and listening for bird songs.
A Backyard Birding Adventure: What's in Your Yard?
This friendly little book employs clever, yet educational, rhymes, stunning photographs, and whimsical illustrations to awaken your child’s interest in the avian world. Written by a veteran birder, the focus is on easy-to-see, readily available bird species, so that parents and children alike will feel encouraged to create backyard adventures of their very own! Now, A Backyard Birding Adventure is even more exciting and educational!
Birds, Nests & Eggs (Take Along Guides)
A fun, informative take-along guide that will help children identify 15 birds. Kid will also learn how and where birds build their homes and all about their young. Plus the guide features activities that are fun and easy to do. There's also a seven-page scrapbook for drawings and notes.
Baby's First Book of Birds & Colors
From the eastern bluebird and blue jay to the scarlet tanager and northern cardinal, little ones will discover the natural world and learn the names and colors of Phyllis Limbacher Tildes’s exquisitely illustrated birds in their natural habitats. The color word appears large and bold, and each bird is labeled by name, as are ﬂowers, fruits, and foliage. Each bird is color coded and has a name and gender for children to easily identify.
Parts of a Plant, Plant Life Cycle and Needs of a Plant
Birds and Their Eggs Three-Part Nomenclature Cards
Spring Unit Printable Hands-on Activities for the Montessori Classroom
Spring Preschool Pack
Insects and Arachnids Vocabulary 3 Part Cards Editable Montessori
Insects Minibeasts Bugs Toddler Picture Cards Matching Activities Editable
Five Senses Spring Photographic Cards for Sorting Montessori Nature
I Spy Spring Counting Activity Montessori Nature
Bird Lacing Cards Montessori Nature
Colors of Spring Sorting Cards Printable
Birds Preschool Pack
I Have, Who Has - Spring ABC's - Editable
Easter Pack - Preschool and Kindergarten Learning Folder Busy Book
Free Printables Designed by Montessori Nature
- Free Resource Library
- Geoboard Task Cards Free Math Summer Printable
- Signs Of Summer In Nature Free Printables Posters Student Booklets
- Signs of Spring in Nature
- Parts of a Plant Sorting
- Animals of Continents Sort Editable Labels
- Letter A Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter D Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter E Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter F Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter G Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter B Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter C Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter H Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter i Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter J Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter K Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter L Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter M Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter N Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter O Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter P Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Q Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter R Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter S Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter U Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter T Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter W Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter V Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Y Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter X Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Letter Z Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters CH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters SH Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Free Language Printable
- Double Letters Th Digraph Student Activity Page Phonics Language Printable
- Made By Nature Made By Humans Sorting
- My Word Of The Year New Year Free Printable
- Physical And Chemical Changes Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs
- Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas 3 Part Cards
- Christmas Matching Fine Motor With Pegs
- 10 Deciduous Trees And 10 Coniferous Trees Sorting Cards
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Christmas in Australia
- Free DIY Art Puzzles Coloring Pages Printables – Silent Night by Viggo Johansen
- Signs of Winter
- Matching Fine Motor With Pegs The Nutcracker Free Christmas printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Raphael The Sistine Madonna
- Fall Leaf Shapes Match Up With Pegs
- Animal Hibernation & Torpor Cards
- 10 Farm Cards And 10 Forest Sorting Cards
- Pairing Fine Motor With Pegs – Thankful Animals
- Types Of Apples
- Fall Prewriting Practice – Free Fine Motor Printable
- Free DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Paul Cezanne Still Life Painting Curtain, Jug And Fruit Bowl
- Fall Pin Punching And Tracing Cards
- Fall Match Up Initial Sounds With Pegs
- Fall Match Up Rhyming Words With Pegs
- Fall Leaves And Fall Flowers
- Fall Match Up Opposites With Pegs
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates Fall Printable
- 10 Types of Insects and 10 Types of Flowers Sort
- Fall Match Up With Pegs
- Types Of Exotic Apples 3-Part Cards, Posters, Student Booklet
- 10 Types Of Edible And 10 Types Of Poisonous Mushrooms
- Signs Of Fall – Free Printables, Posters, Cards, Student Booklets
- Woodland Animals Poster Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Mammals And 10 Types Of Birds In Autumn
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Ant
- Color, Cut Out, Build, And Label The Fish
- Gemstones 3 Part Cards
- Wild Animal Families Puzzles And Cards
- Forest Matching Cards – Free Nature Printable
- Beach Poster, Match Up Cards – Free Printables
- Whale Size Comparison Poster, Match Up Cards
- DIY Puzzles And Coloring Pages – Vincent Van Gogh Vase With Twelve Sunflowers
- 10 Types Of Vertebrates And 10 Types Of Invertebrates
- Coral Reef Animals Poster, Match Up Cards
- 10 Types Of Terrestrial Mammals And 10 Types Of Marine Mammals – Free Summer Printable
- 10 Types Of Butterflies And 10 Types Of Ladybugs – Free Sorting Printable
- Skip Counting Student Helper Posters And Worksheets s
- Number Tracing And Formation Activity
- Sums With Bead Bars – Clip Cards And Worksheets With Teen Numbers
- Addition Clip Cards
- Number Bonds – Addition With Bead Bars Sums Of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, And 10
- Place Value Mats, Task Cards, And Tracing Worksheets
- Gemstones – Posters And Matching Cards
- Nature Journal
- Valentine’s Day Coloring
- Geoboard Task Cards
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Free Montessori Baby And Toddler Printable Materials
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “The Starry Night” By Vincent Van Gogh
- Winter Animals
- Arctic Animals
- DIY Winter Puzzles And Art Activities – Painting “Maslenitsa” By Boris Kustodiev
- Butterflies And Moths Sort
- Types Of Flowers Match Up
- Silent E Learning To Read Cards
- Addition And Subtraction Cards – Single Digits
- Animals In Spring – Activities, Resources, And Free Printables
- Multiplication Charts
- Lined Writing Paper Handwriting Practice
- Nocturnal And Diurnal Animals Sort
- Viviparous And Oviparous Animals Sort
- Mothers And Their Young Animals Sort
- Constellations And Planets Sort
- Farm Animal Families Puzzles
- The Earth Goes Around The Sun – Free Geography Printable
- Tulip Life Cycle And Parts Of A Tulip