💕 Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. It means I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links. Thank you for your support.
I’ve been asked the question about the Montessori curriculum resources many times. It is quite inspirational to hear how many people are willing to discover Montessori for their children and desire to learn more about this method, the practical side of implementing the Montessori curriculum in their home.
The amount of information can be overwhelming if you try to grasp it all at once. These are fascinating resources you can come back to over and over again. I found that the best way to understand the big picture is to combine the reading of Montessori books, online resources with lots of great graphics, and browsing through Montessori videos.
Wikisori – Wikisori, among other things, is an online Montessori Album project built by Montessorians for Montessorians. Wikisori strongly encourages active participation, contribution, and collaboration. Take as much as you want, but leave something behind to make Wikisori a little better than you found it.
My Montessori Curriculum for ages 3 through 6 (free) – by Just Montessori
Montessori Albums (free) by MontessoriAlbum.Com
This wiki gives Montessori teachers a way to look up lessons online without having to lug out their albums in those giant binders, and as a place to share extensions, variations, and original lessons that they have come up with. This site is also for those who are not Montessori trained to learn more about the lessons that are taught in a Montessori classroom, such as parents who wish to use Montessori elements in a home-school environment.
Areas covered: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Social Studies, Science, Music, Art, Methodology
Montessori Primary Guide (free) by Montessori Info
Montessori is an educational pedagogy that focuses on the individual child and his needs. The concepts behind the pedagogy were consolidated by Dr. Maria Montessori in the beginning of the 20th century. Her concepts in regards to teaching children based on their needs and personal interest lead to the Montessori educational method of today. There are four areas of learning in a Montessori 3-6 class.
- Areas covered: Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics
- Areas covered: Montessori Math Album,
- Montessori Language Development Album, Montessori Practical-Life Album, Montessori Sensorial-Motor Development Album.
Montessori Scope and Sequence(Infant – Age 12) (free) – by Montessori Compass
The Montessori Compass team is very happy to provide free web-based access to a sophisticated and comprehensive Montessori Scope & Sequence (Infant – Age 12), developed in collaboration with Tim Seldin and the Montessori Foundation team. Nearly 3000 Montessori lessons have been carefully organized into ten curriculum categories.
- Areas covered: Infant
- Art, Music and Movement, Cosmic Studies, Geography, History, Language, Arts, Mathematics, Practical Life, Science
Montessori Scope and Sequence by Montessori Print Shop (free):
We are providing you with an overview of the Primary Montessori Practical Life Program so that you have a better overall picture of the progression of materials and lessons.
- Montessori Practical Life Overview
- Montessori Math Overview
- Montessori Sensorial Overview
- Montessori Language Overview
Our Montessori Inspired Curriculum by Carrots are Orange
“As we officially dive into homeschooling this year, I’ve been thinking a lot about the general plan, a daily routine, as much as we can have a predictable schedule, and catering to my sons different learning styles. In addition to this reflection, I have done quite a bit of research and reviewing of potential homeschool curriculum. This post includes our Montessori Homeschool Curriculum ideas for preschoolers”.
Montessori Curriculum for Parents by Montessori House:
The Montessori teaching curriculum has been developed by our experienced Montessori House teachers for parents to use at home.
Montessori Teaching Album for Babies Infants Toddlers
Montessori Curriculum for Toddlers & PreK
Montessori Curriculum for PreK thru Kindergarten (Primary)
Montessori Curriculum Albums Infant through First Grade: Complete Set of Six Albums
Teacher Manuals by Montessori Research and Development
“Thirty-three years after introducing our first Montessori teacher manual, we continue to provide the Montessori community with manuals offering highly detailed presentations, clear illustrations, and accurate information. Both seasoned and beginning Montessori teachers love our Montessori albums. We offer all levels”.
- Infant and Toddler (birth to 3)
- Montessori curriculum albums
- Early Childhood (3 – 6)
- Montessori curriculum albums
- Elementary I (6 – 9)
- Montessori curriculum albums
- Elementary II (9-12)
Montessori Online Resources:
Montessori Printables by Montessori Nature
Welcome to the Montessori Nature shop with thematic printables for children. The printables are designed to simplify the learning process, make complex concepts easier for young minds to comprehend, and transform information into knowledge. I invest hours of extensive research into creating each printable. Cards are accompanied by true-to-life images, photographs, or watercolor clipart. I bring along my many years of experience working as a teacher and homeschooling my children. All cards are presented to you as digital instant downloads. There is no shipping or waiting involved. All printables are delivered to your email ready to be printed. You can start using them right away.
Hands-on activities are organized by week and by day. The pack is accompanied by a pre-filled planner for guided learning with an editable date box and headings. The guided learning planner comes with low prep activities that cover major areas of a child’s development and foster independence, creativity, and critical thinking.
Montessori Materials by Montessori Services
Since 1976, Montessori Services has focused on bringing hard-to-find, child-size Practical Life materials into the classroom. Although our School Catalog focus has expanded to include materials across the curriculum, materials for the exercises of Practical Life remain our specialty.
The Michael Olaf Montessori Company has been supplying the highest quality of true Montessori projects since early in the 1980’s. Today they supply only those few special items that are not available anywhere else, including the topponcino in the correct size and color, the electric circuit set, vegetable cards, the wooden frame, and most importantly, Susan’s books available at wholesale discount for Montessori school, parenting groups, and schools.
Video Gallery by Montessori Guide
An exploration of how Montessori practice supports the natural unfolding of human development in the earliest years. This video includes topics such as the need for sharp observation skills, the importance of dynamic language, what “toddler” concentration looks like in the infant community and a brief overview of when a child is ready to transition from the infant community into a primary setting.
Montessori Videos on Vimeo
Montessori Videos on Youtube
Montessori 101 Facebook Group
FREE Montessori EBooks
The Montessori Method by Maria Montessori Audio
Pedagogical Anthropology by Maria Montessori
Spontaneous Activity in Education by Maria Montessori
The Absorbent Mind by Maria Montessori
Dr. Montessori’s Own Handbook
Popular Books about the Montessori Method
- Montessori at Home Guide: A Short Guide to a Practical Montessori Homeschool for Children Ages 2-6
- How To Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius
- Montessori from the Start: The Child at Home, from Birth to Age Three
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years
- Teach Me to Do It Myself: Montessori Activities for You and Your Child
- Montessori Today: A Comprehensive Approach to Education from Birth to Adulthood
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities For Under-Fives
- Montessori Madness!: A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education
- The Tao of Montessori: Reflections on Compassionate Teaching
- Understanding the Human Being: The Importance of the First Three Years of Life
- The Advanced Montessori Method II
- Montessori in the Classroom: A Teacher’s Account of How Children Really Learn
- The Essential Montessori: An Introduction to the Woman, the Writings, the Method, and the Movement
- Child of the World: Montessori, Global Education for Age 3-12
- Montessori at Home or School: How to Teach Grace and Courtesy
- Montessori: Why It Matters For Your Child’s Success And Happiness
- Magellan Montessori’s Guide to Homeschooling Early Elementary (Ages 6-9 Years)
- Montessori Made Easy: Practical Life Lessons: A Guide for Parents, Teachers, Preschools, and Child Care Centers for Creating Activities and Teaching …
I missed any of your favorite Montessori resources, feel free to drop a link in the comments!
HOMESCHOOL RESOURCES, TIPS AND IDEAS
- New To Montessori Homeschooling?
- Homeschool Room Setup Ideas
- Routine For Our Montessori Home Preschool
- Homeschooling – The Reality Of It All Amid A Pandemic. Free Resources For Parents
- Nature Display In Homeschool Setting
- Homeschooling Preschooler The Montessori Way
- Tips For Successful Montessori Homeschool 3 – Hour Work Cycle
- Outdoor And Nature-Based Learning Activities For Children
- Some Of The Best Montessori Resources And Materials For Teachers And Parents
- Outdoor Activities For Children With Free Seven-Day Planner
- Free One Week Planner For Preschool Children With Low Prep Hands-On Activities
- Choosing The Right Calendar For Your Classroom
- Authentic Handmade Materials For Your Dream Montessori Classroom
- One Day In The Life Of A Homeschooling Family
- Editable Homeschool Planner
- How To Do Montessori At Home On A Budget
- How To Help Young Children Regulate Their Emotions
- Let The Child Lead!
- Montessori Peace Corner – Powerful Way To Resolve Conflicts
- Enhancing Learning With Movement – Brain Gym For Kids
- Learning To Read With Montessori Cards
- Meeting Special Needs In A Montessori Classroom
- 5 Reasons To Own Montessori Materials At Home
- 5 Montessori Inspired Ways To Support Early Literacy