- a child takes all the animals out of the basket in random order
- then he or she finds matching animals and places them next to each other
- one of each animal is placed in a mystery bag, one in the basket
- the basket with animals can be placed in another room
- a child puts a hand in a mystery bag trying to guess animal he or she is holding (can do it with a blindfold), pulls it out and places it on a mat
- then he or she goes and brings the matching animal
- repeat for the rest of the animals.
As I predicted the Cylinder blocks are impossible to walk by. We have been working on extensions and soon will start to use a blindfold to bring an extra challenge to it. Here is a straightforward presentation of the Cylinder blocks lesson.
Here’re some examples of learning explorations I have out for my three-year-old child..