DIY Montessori Inspired Activities for a 2-year-old05:41
Don't you enjoy seeing your precious bundle of joy grow and become smarter, stronger, more independent, confident, playful and engaged with the world around them. I get so much satisfaction from creating and supporting my child's growth along the way and be able to contribute to it. I received a wonderful set of toys and activities as a giveaway from one awesome Montessori mum, we bought a few educational toys from Preloved baby markets, but it has been a while since we purchased anything for her. I just enjoy using materials I find at home and natural pieces to create educational experiences based on my observations, my Montessori knowledge and her interests. These are activities she could work successfully with at 28 months old.
- placing two choices of clothes on the shelf may encourage child to start getting dressed on their own and with minimum assistance from adults.
- simple DIY activity for learning to follow directions, opposite colours by placing white pebbles on the black crosses, counting pebbles and matching quantity to numerals.
- counting pegs and matching them to the primary colours to help child to correct themselves.
- matching activity with objects that are similar to each other presents a problem solving opportunity for a young child
- it is very easy to attract attention and make story more fun with colourful setting. I have noticed it makes it easier for young children to remember and recall longer words and difficult names.
- activities like shown below boost interest in learning new words and reinforce using already familiar words in playful way.
- stimulating touch and smell using natural objects and learning about different textures. This can be applied for sorting objects on rough and smooth, or large and small; for I spy games etc.
- simple transferring activity with natural objects found in the garden is one way to support development of fine motor and concentration.
- having minor responsibilities around the house from a very young age can be very beneficial for child's self-esteem and another way to build their sense of belonging and confidence.
There you go. Now go ahead and leave a comment below to share your favourite DIY Montessori inspired activities.
Montessori inspired play for toddlers
Activities and games for toddlers - raising a confident, independent and compassionate child
Developmental Montessori inspired activities for one year old baby
Montessori inspired (fine motor, concentration, developmental) activities for little tots
DIY Montessori inspired activities for toddlers.
Developmental Montessori inspired work for toddlers
Practical life for every day.
Montessori inspired learning activities for toddlers
Every Star Is Different:
In the Kitchen Tot School
Pirate Tot School
Apple Tot School