- a child takes all the animals out of the basket in random order
- then he or she finds matching animals and places them next to each other
- one of each animals is placed in a mystery bag, one in the basket
- the basket with animals can be placed in another room
- a child puts hand in a mystery bag trying to guess animal he or she is holding (can do it with a blindfold), pulls it out and places it on a mat
- then he or she goes and brings matching animal
- repeat for the rest of the animals.
As I predicted the Cylinder blocks are impossible to walk pass by. We have been working on extensions and soon will start to use a blindfold to bring extra challenge to it. Here is a simple presentation of the Cylinder blocks lesson.
Here’re some examples of learning explorations I have out for my three year old child..